Director of Marketing
Chartbeat, the content intelligence platform for publishers, believes that today’s content creators need mission-critical insights-- in real time and across desktop, social and mobile platforms--to turn visitors into audience. That’s why our software goes beyond clicks and pageviews so content creators can understand what, within their content, is keeping people engaged. Partnering with over 60,000 media brands across 60+ countries, Chartbeat’s software and front-line tools help the world’s leading media companies understand, measure, and monetize the attention earned by their content.
Chartbeat is seeking a talented Director of Marketing to lead our visibility, lead generation and go-to-market programs.
Chartbeat, the leading content intelligence platform for publishers, is growing and evolving, and we are looking for a talented marketer to join our team. The person in this role will be responsible for developing smart and impactful lead generation programs that drive revenue, building strong positioning and go-to-market programs in partnership with our cross-functional teams, executing on sponsorships and events, and managing our small but mighty marketing team. This role will report to the CMO.
Our ideal candidate will be a proven Saas marketer who is comfortable working broadly across key marketing functions, including positioning, lead generation, product marketing, events, advertising and website. This person will also be a strong communicator and an effective manager.
- Develop strategic marketing plan and key programs to build pipeline and generate leads. This includes content, advertising, webinars, nurture programs and email marketing programs that speak to our customer segments and convert leads to customers.
- Develop events strategy and execute customer events and sponsorships. Think through every detail to create a memorable, high impact experience anchored in our key messaging.
- Key initiatives include: sponsorships and events
- Customer Engagement programs
- Product Launches
- Website redesign
- Work closely with product and product marketing to position products, develop launch plans and execute collateral and go-to-market plans around new launches
- Work with content manager, internal subject matter experts and marketing leaders to develop strategic content and collateral for our programs and events.
- Build best practices, standardized project management processes, and hold other marketers accountable to deliver their deliverables on time and on budget
- Manage website redesign project with multiple stakeholders including external agency and internal backend
- Develop measurement/KPI reporting and a model to track marketing and event ROI.
- Manage and develop a small team
- Manage budget for all programs
- 7-10 years experience in marketing, with broad exposure to multiple facets of marketing, but with focus on lead generation, product marketing and branding
- Strategic thinker who can balance internal needs, client experience and external industry brand impact. Ability to be nimble, think on your feet and balance strategy with tactical execution.
- Must have core marketing and brand skills, understanding principles of positioning, messaging, differentiation, etc.
- Must have lead generation experience
- Ability work effectively across an organization and at all levels of the organization.
- Must be an articulate professional with excellent oral and written communication skills.
Back to top