Director of Customer Success
Chartbeat, the content intelligence platform for publishers, believes that today’s content creators need mission-critical insights-- in real time and across desktop, social and mobile platforms--to turn visitors into audience. That’s why our software goes beyond clicks and pageviews so content creators can understand what, within their content, is keeping people engaged. Partnering with over 60,000 media brands across 60+ countries, Chartbeat’s software and front-line tools help the world’s leading media companies understand, measure, and monetize the attention earned by their content.
We are looking for a dynamic and experienced Director of Customer Success to oversee the team that is directly responsible for Chartbeat’s existing customer relationships. The person in this role is the primary voice for the customer with Chartbeat’s Product, Marketing and Executive teams and actively helps individual Customer Success Managers and Account Managers to engage in a consultative manner with clients to provide best practices, training and to negotiate renewal and upsell opportunities.
Day to Day
- Responsible for overall client retention and revenue growth from existing clients worldwide
- Formulate tactical engagement, training and upsell plans with Customer Success Managers
- Identify workflow optimization and improvement opportunities.
- Flag at risk strategic accounts and develop retention plans, including the need for additional resources, executive involvement, product development, etc.
- Track and report on overall team and individual performance
- Determine team-wide tactical and strategic initiatives
- Partner with CRO, Product Ed and Marketing to establish client onboarding processes
- Develop CSM compensation and incentive plans in partnership with CRO and Finance team
- Oversee presentation trainings, provide regular 1:1 coaching, plus competitive / market positioning to team members.
- Hire new team members and review existing members with a view to raising current skill sets to provide superior customer support
- Identify skill gaps with individual team members and recommend relevant trainings.
- Coach and mentor team to develop and enhance customer relationship skills.
- Partner with Product, Marketing and Executive teams to provide customer feedback and competitive insights to inform product development and marketing initiatives.
- Partner with Finance to provide growth and churn forecasting across the entire customer base
- Represent Chartbeat as needed at conferences and client meetings worldwide
- Create an inspiring team environment with an open communication culture
- 3-5 years of B2B SAAS custom success team leadership experience, preferably with a company supporting a large number of complex accounts of all sizes worldwide
- Demonstrated success managing and mentoring CSMs and AMs
- Demonstrated success partnering with other disciplines (marketing, finance, product)
- Superior relationship management abilities in a B2B environment supporting a SAAS, cloud, media, marketing or web-analytics product suite
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Demonstrated enterprise negotiation skills
- Recognized by key customers/stakeholders as a digital media and analytics expert who can leverage that knowledge into customer solutions.
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously and train others in prioritization skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of Salesforce opportunity management and other business critical customer engagement systems (Totango, Datanyze, email CRM, etc.)
- Experience working with and/or for media organizations a major plus
- Familiarity with web and media publishing technologies and debugging tools is a major plus
- Demonstrated evidence of multinational experience; multilingual skills preferred including but not limited to Spanish, French, Japanese and German is a plus.
Meet Some of Chartbeat's Employees
Jenna studies how clients use Chartbeat products. She works closely with each product’s owner to plan cycle priorities and use data to inform the product roadmap.
Back to top