Customer Success Manager
Chartbeat, the content intelligence platform for publishers, believes that today’s content creators need mission-critical insights-- in real time and across desktop, social and mobile platforms--to turn visitors into audience. That’s why our software goes beyond clicks and pageviews so content creators can understand what, within their content, is keeping people engaged. Partnering with over 60,000 media brands across 60+ countries, Chartbeat’s software and front-line tools help the world’s leading media companies understand, measure, and monetize the attention earned by their content.
THE TEAM + YOU
The Customer Success team provides ongoing consultative support to Chartbeat’s largest and most complex clients. We are looking for a CSM to help develop strong relationships with key stakeholders across multiple functions and to provide creative advice on the optimal use of Chartbeat’s product suite to meet and exceed customer goals. This role will require you yo collaborate closely with internal teams to anticipate customer needs and deliver practical trainings and clear technical solutions to proactively address publisher challenges and opportunities.
The ultimate goal of the CSM is to ensure the largest and most complex publishers around the world deeply integrate Chartbeat’s platform into their site infrastructure and editorial team workflows to ensure minimal churn and the opportunity to grow the CSM’s book of business through product upgrades.
The CSM also develops and provides highly customized materials for clients, including recurring reports built around customer requirements, playbooks to help key stakeholders make full use of the product suite and other tactical offerings to increase usage and perceived value across our network of publisher clients worldwide.
Day to Day Responsibilities
- Cultivate successful relationships with key stakeholders within client organizations to ensure optimal engagement within the product and support
- Understand the technical needs of each client and collaborate with internal teams and external stakeholders to ensure the optimal delivery of Chartbeat’s solutions
- Uncover each customer’s enterprise-level business goals and articulate how Chartbeat’s product suit is aligned to help exceed those KPIs
- Identify opportunities for increased product optimization
- Collaborate with internal teams to customize product offerings to suit individual client needs as well as to build out and maintain custom account plans
- Anticipate and negotiate annual renewals while continuously working with clients to assess upsell potential to optimize client output and engagement
- Deeply understand competitive landscape and demonstrate proficiency in presenting Chartbeat as the optimal long term solution
- Proactively flag at risk accounts and work closely with the Director of Customer Success to retain accounts whenever possible
- Take ownership of team-wide projects and leadership initiatives in partnership with the Director of Customer Success
- Identify critical opportunities for increased product optimization and engage in a consultative manner with key client stakeholders to ensure customers get full value from their relationship with Chartbeat and our products
- Demonstrate sincere curiosity to uncover and understand client business challenges and a passion to exceed client expectations via proactive engagement and trainings.
- Travel as needed to represent Chartbeat at client meetings and conferences worldwide.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience
- 2-4 years of B2B relationship management experience
- Experience working with and/or for media organizations a major plus
- Demonstrated experience with consultative relationship building, objection-handling and customer-oriented demo skills, preferably in support of SAAS, cloud, media, marketing or web-analytics platforms
- Recognized by key customers/stakeholders as a digital media and analytics expert who can leverage that knowledge into practical customer solutions
- Ability to work independently and to effectively handle numerous and often simultaneous priorities with stakeholders across all functions of our customer organizations
- Proven results consistently growing a portfolio of enterprise client relationships
- Excellent written, persuasive speaking, demoing and contract negotiation skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of CRM (Salesforce) activity, opportunity and pipeline management preferred
- Familiarity with web/media publishing technologies and debugging tools is a major plus
- Experience working with clients outside the US is a major plus; multi-lingual skills strongly preferred, including but not limited to Spanish, Portuguese, French and/or German.
Meet Some of Chartbeat's Employees
Jenna studies how clients use Chartbeat products. She works closely with each product’s owner to plan cycle priorities and use data to inform the product roadmap.
Back to top