Chartbeat, the content intelligence platform for publishers, believes that today’s content creators need mission-critical insights-- in real time and across desktop, social and mobile platforms--to turn visitors into audience. That’s why our software goes beyond clicks and pageviews so content creators can understand what, within their content, is keeping people engaged. Partnering with over 60,000 media brands across 60+ countries, Chartbeat’s software and front-line tools help the world’s leading media companies understand, measure, and monetize the attention earned by their content.
THE TEAM + YOU
The New Business team is hiring exceptional individuals ready to get out and rapidly grow our worldwide client list. The Account Executive is responsible for proactive outreach to Chartbeat’s prospects worldwide and communicates the value of Chartbeat content intelligence suite via in-person meetings, demos, emails and other customized forms of sales engagement. This role requires a combination of consultative selling and enterprise sales management to build a spirit of close partnership with sophisticated media organizations worldwide. The AE seeks to understand media organizations’ varied business challenges and corresponding metrics of success and makes every effort to demonstrate how deeply integrating with Chartbeat’s platform helps drive performance against those mission-critical KPIs. Ultimately, the AE strives to win new business for Chartbeat, managing all aspects -- from prospect outreach to on-trial management to contract negotiation and finally through to contract close -- with publishers around the world.
Day to Day:
- Prospect and win new business from publishers of all sizes worldwide.
- Follow up on high priority inbound leads that are qualified initially by a Sales Development Representative (SDR).
- Reach out proactively to prospective new customers via targeted email, calls, Linkedin, networking and conference attendance in the US and abroad.
- Empower new prospects to understand the value of Chartbeat’s analytics suite and related workflow tools in building a loyal and engaged audience over time.
- Understand prospective customers’ business goals and KPIs and adapt presentations to align to the prospects’ stated needs.
- Plan and execute qualification calls, conduct virtual and in-person demos, manage “on trial” prospects, negotiate and finalize work orders and provide a seamless transition of signed clients to the Customer Success team.
- Provide sales leadership with clear visibility into activity, pipeline & quarterly sales goals
- Exceed quarterly and annual sales targets
- Travel as needed to represent Chartbeat at client meetings and conferences worldwide
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience
- 1-2 years of B2B enterprise sales experience.
- Demonstrated consultative selling, objection-handling and customer-oriented demo skills, preferably in support of SAAS, cloud, media, marketing or web-analytics platforms
- Experience working with and/or for media organizations is desirable
- Proven results consistently exceeding aggressive sales quotas
- Ability to work independently and to effectively handle numerous and often simultaneous priorities and prospects at all stage of the sales funnel
- Excellent written, persuasive speaking, demo’ing and contract negotiation skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of CRM (Salesforce) activity, opportunity and pipeline management preferred
- Experience working with clients outside the US a plus; multi-lingual skills strongly preferred, including but not limited to Spanish, Portuguese, French and/or German.
Meet Some of Chartbeat's Employees
Jenna studies how clients use Chartbeat products. She works closely with each product’s owner to plan cycle priorities and use data to inform the product roadmap.
Back to top