Vice President, Branch Manager
Your Opportunity Our branch network is part of the broader Investor Services organization and is primarily responsible for helping individuals and families with their financial needs, including retirement planning, charitable giving, estate planning, active investing or managing banking and lending needs. In more than 300 branch offices in 45 U.S. states, you'll find Branch Managers leading and coaching their teams as they work directly with our clients to achieve that common goal.
To read more about our client offerings visit: Charles Schwab - Investor Services
What you're good at
Charles Schwab Branch Managers have responsibility for increasing the branch office's revenues while expanding the client base. In this position, you will work closely with your team of Financial Consultants (FC), and Associate Financial Consultants (AFC) both in implementing firm wide sales strategies and in developing strategies at the community level.
As the leader of a Charles Schwab Branch, you will inspire the sales professional team and Client Service professionals as they provide investment guidance and support to clients primarily through face-to-face meetings. Unlike any other job at Charles Schwab, the Branch Manager is the most critical role at the local market level, providing the service, advice, and leadership that have made us the force we are today.
Your typical day would include sales coaching and sales process management, development of branch team with effective training and performance management, client presentations with your sales team, analysis of performance data for trends and actions, interviewing prospective employees, collaborating with business partners sharing of the best methods and performing the compliance and administrative tasks inherent in our industry.
We believe that our values have helped us to build both a successful business model and an extraordinary work environment. We value teamwork, integrity, service, open communication, and perseverance. If you want to work at a firm that truly values your contributions, consider a career at Charles Schwab.
To learn more about the culture at Schwab, click here to meet our people .
What you have
Required minimum skills and qualifications are:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work related experience
- A valid and active Series 7 license is required
- A valid and active Series 9/10 license is required
- A valid and active Series 66 (63/65) license is required
- A valid and active Life and Health Insurance license is required (may be obtained within a 120 day condition of employment)
- A valid and active Series 24 is preferred
- Additional designations are preferred: CFP, CFA, CIMA, and/or AAMS
- Demonstrated leadership, management and motivational skills
- A minimum of 5 years in the financial services industry with at least 4 years in a sales leadership capacity
- A desire to lead, a passion for sales management, and a deep commitment to client service
- Shown success in establishing quality cross enterprise partnerships
- Comprehensive industry and investment knowledge
- Excellent communication skills and a track record of success in sales, sales leadership and overall leadership
Back to top