Technical Director, Workforce Strategy
- Phoenix, AZ
Your Opportunity Do you have an interest in building a strong program to help drive change in a large, complex organization? The Planning & Prioritization Organization is establishing a series of programs to help drive the technology organization of Charles Schwab to become more proactive and forward thinking with how and what is planned for and how to more effectively prioritize work and resources across the organization. One of these programs is for the technology workforce, supporting a large, complex organization of talented technology professionals in a rapidly evolving environment, with the goal of getting the right people, in the right place, on the right work, at the right cost.
What you're good at
The Director of Technology Workforce Program is responsible for developing and implementing the Workforce Program for one of Schwab's largest and most critical organizations in support of multi-year modernization initiatives that will have significant impact on our future. The Workforce Program will work with leadership across the technology organization to develop a more holistic and proactive approach to planning for resource needs, managing constraints, tooling, and partnering with strategic vendors.
The successful candidate will be adaptable to a range of challenging projects and have a strong interest in technology, innovation and financial services. They will be self-motivated, results oriented and able to independently lead, working up and down the organization from the CEO to junior staff. They will have broad perspective and ability to work through many different scenarios, bringing to the table creativity, flexibility, analytical abilities, structured thinking, and strong project management and leadership skills.
The Director will have responsibility for:
- Leading the design and implementation of the workforce program for the technology organization
- Developing reporting, managing timelines, soliciting and coordinating input from across the Technology organization and our key Business partners
- The overall workforce planning process including defining tooling requirements
- Ensuring high-quality analysis and presentation materials for senior management, stakeholders, and domain specialists
- Developing strategic insights that will drive sustained growth in our business
What you have
- MBA and/or post-grad education required
- 8-10 years of experience in consulting, project management, strategic and workforce planning or strategic finance
- Experience designing processes, framing problems, analyzing solutions, building models, making decks, facilitating meetings, presenting to large and small audiences
- Ability to effectively navigate a highly matrixed organization
- Prior experience in financial services or with project management tools is a plus, but not required
- An appropriate balance of objective, analytical orientation with a desire to move things to conclusion and deliver results
- Strategic thinking with strong business judgment and analytical skills, able to problem solve and manage projects as issues arise
- Ability to influence executives and stakeholders by demonstrating mature intellectual and managerial leadership
- Comfort in a dynamic and fast-moving work environment
Back to top