Technical Director of Cloud Security Design and Engineering
Your Opportunity You will be responsible for innovating, developing and implementing groundbreaking capabilities to secure cloud and cloud based workloads. This role requires technical hands-on involvement and expertise in the cyber security realm.
The Technical Director of Cloud Security specializes to secure next-gen technology, a developer and pioneer, comfortable in building new security capabilities and automation. The TD is a leader, driven individual contributor, and has a deep passion as an accelerator and change agent with the ability to create a security community and transformative Dev/SEC/Ops culture.
What you're good at
- Partner with Schwab counterparts to implement processes, develop technologies that reduce cloud security deficiencies and implement security as automation
- Participate in development, implementation of security design & architecture principles and standards.
- Be highly visible in the technology communities at Schwab.
- Build and sustain good working relationships with development and infrastructure teams, and involve them in the overall technology strategy.
- Work with and influence business contacts in regards to technology controls, risk mitigation techniques related to application, data, and cloud security.
- Participate in defining secure cloud design and deployment, secure configuration practices, and bringing to bear appropriate technology solutions, controls and practices as needed.
- Conduct research to identify new attack vectors facing applications and cloud services. Serve as a core team member of the Security Design team as an implementer to solve gaps.
- Develop technical security requirements for the business, and see them through the development lifecycle. Collaborate with business contacts to ensure 3rd party cloud applications align with our standards, controls, policies and principles.
- Participate in driving data protection strategies and standards.
- Provide attentive security consulting including design, reviews and recommendations for various IT projects and initiatives.
- Develop processes that assist management in identifying and remediating issues.
- Demonstrate a dedication to integrity, process improvement, and customer happiness.
What you have
- 7-10 years of experience in various IT security and technology domains
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Well-spoken and comfortable with public speaking in meetings or larger groups.
- Strategically focused, and experienced in developing multi-year strategies and roadmaps that drive execution and results.
- Minimum 2 years of experience effectively leading vendor relationships.
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies
- Ability to work effectively in a high-paced and dynamic work environment, and deal with ambiguity.
- Good interpersonal, communication skills and proactive.
- High capacity for learning and excellent problem-solving and development skills.
- Highly collaborative and a standout colleague.
Back to top