Team Manager, Mutual Fund Operations
- Westlake, TX
Your Opportunity Our goal in Mutual Fund Operations (MFO) is to be the most admired and respected group within the Industry. We are known for our spectacular customer service and flawless execution; the quality and breadth of our product offering; and the unparalleled professionalism of our employees.
MFO is building a cross-functional team that will handle multiple functions within Mutual Fund Operations. Including, but no limited too: Trading, Dividends, Sub Accounting and Vendor Relationships. MFO is looking for a Team Manager to lead this new cross-functional team.
Individuals in this role must have the ability to maintain a good working relationship with our external Clearing Correspondents, external Mutual Fund Companies and Transfer Agents, and internal business partners. A successful candidate will be adaptable to change and work collaboratively with cross-location business partners.
What you're good at
The Mutual Fund Operations Team Manager is a leader with passion towards executing as an elite member of a team committed to the highest level of industry partner interactions and processing. The position requires a dynamic leader who can motivate, inspire and develop a diverse team responsible for performing and executing on Schwab's purpose and mission. In this role, you will lead a multi-faceted team that processes multiple types of high risk transactions. This is a dynamic, detail-oriented, high volume, and deadline-driven environment requiring the ability to build and cultivate relationships across the firm and within the industry in order to be successful. In addition to a background in brokerage/trading operations, the ideal individual has experience effectively leading people at different stages in their career and professional development.
- Building a work environment that promotes employee engagement by setting clear expectations and consistently providing information, resources, feedback, mentorship and recognition that helps employees maintain a high level of performance.
- Ensuring service level agreements are met and maintain a balance between quality and efficiency.
- Understanding of industry regulations in order to ensure team compliance with firm's policies and procedures.
- Driving business results by acting as a subject matter expert, fostering an environment that creates process efficiencies, while leading project initiatives, and ensuring the implementation of projects within the department.
- Identifying & selecting talent for the Mutual Fund Operations Team in Westlake
What you have
- Demonstrated leadership experience or proven capabilities in current role
- 5+ years of experience in the financial services industry and/or prior supervisory experience preferred
- Series 7, 63 licenses required. A condition of employment may be considered for all licenses for highly qualified individuals
- Proficient technical skills, including knowledge of Microsoft applications
- Flexible with regard to both schedule and role as both may change with little notice in response to business demand
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and grow working relationships with internal and external clients
- Excellent analytical and influencing skills with the ability to think creatively and offer solutions that benefit the employees, clients, and firm
- Experience with vendor relations or sub accounting relative to Mutual Funds
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude during times of heavy volume and/or change
- Ability to identify and mitigate risk by adhering to department and firm policies and procedures
- Experience in training and developing team members and comfortable with providing feedback
- Ability to think strategically beyond day to day operations
- Bachelor's degree preferred
You Demonstrate These Behaviors:
- Cultivating Teamwork - As a leader, interest, skill, and success in getting groups to learn to work together harmoniously.
- Managing Performance - Taking responsibility for one's own or one's employees' performance, by setting clear goals and expectations, tracking progress against the goals, ensuring feedback, and addressing performance problems and incidents promptly.
- Results Orientation - Focusing on the desired end result of one's own or one's units work; setting challenging goals, focusing effort on the goals, and meeting or exceeding them.
- Flexibility: Openness to different and new ways of doing things; willingness to modify one's preferred way of doing things.
Back to top