Team Manager, Financial Operations
- El Paso, TX
Your Opportunity Move Money Solutions within Operational Services is responsible for communicating with both internal and external Schwab clients via telephone and resolving inquiries regarding moving assets into, out of, and between Schwab accounts. We provide service to both retail investors and clients of independent advisors.
What you're good at
The Team Manager is a leader with passion towards executing as an elite member of a team of experts committed to the highest level of client happiness. The position requires a dynamic leader who can motivate, inspire and develop a diverse team responsible for performing and executing on Schwab's purpose and mission. In this role, you will lead a multi-faceted team that provides client servicing, as well as processing time sensitive high risk client transactions. This is a dynamic, detail-oriented, high volume, and deadline-driven environment requiring the ability to build and cultivate relationships across the firm in order to be successful. In addition to a background in brokerage/banking operations, the ideal individual should possess experience effectively leading people at different stages in their career and professional development.
Key Responsibilities May Include:
- Building a work environment that promotes employee engagement by setting clear expectations and consistently providing information, resources, feedback, mentorship and recognition that helps employees maintain a high level of performance.
- Ensuring client service level agreements are met and maintaining a balance between quality and efficiency.
- Understanding of industry regulations in order to ensure team compliance with firm's policies and procedures.
- Driving business results by acting as a subject matter expert, fostering an environment that creates process efficiencies, while leading project initiatives, and ensuring the implementation of projects within the department.
- Identifying & selecting talent for the Move Money Solutions - Hotlines.
What you have
- Demonstrated leadership experience or proven capabilities in current role
- 5+ years of experience in the financial services industry and/or prior supervisory experience preferred.
- Series 7, 63, and 9/10 licenses required. A condition of employment will be considered for all licenses for highly qualified individuals.
- Proficient technical skills, including knowledge of Microsoft applications.
- Flexible with regard to both schedule and role as both may change with little notice in response to business demand.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and grow working relationships with internal and external clients.
- Excellent analytical and influencing skills with the ability to think creatively and offer solutions that benefit the employees, clients, and firm.
- Ability to identify and mitigate risk by adhering to department and firm policies and procedures.
- Experience in training and developing team members and comfortable with providing feedback.
- Ability to think strategically beyond day to day operations.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
You Demonstrate These Behaviors:
- Cultivating Teamwork - As a leader, interest, skill, and success in getting groups to learn to work together harmoniously.
- Managing Performance - Taking responsibility for one's own or one's employees' performance, by setting clear goals and expectations, tracking progress against the goals, ensuring feedback, and addressing performance problems and incidents promptly.
- Results Orientation - Focusing on the desired end result of one's own or one's units work; setting challenging goals, focusing effort on the goals, and meeting or exceeding them.
- Flexibility: Openness to different and new ways of doing things; willingness to modify one's preferred way of doing things.
Back to top