Strategy Sr. Manager, Retail Integration Management Office
- Westlake, TX
Your Opportunity Charles Schwab's USAA Integration Management Office (IMO) is responsible for crafting and orchestrating the integration strategy, balancing the detailed plans across work streams and enterprises and establishing and leading a project governance structure to align all tracks, systems and results with the objectives of the integration to deliver on time and on budget the integration of the assets and accounts from USAA. This is a unique and unparalleled opportunity to work on a major central initiative for the firm.
Reporting to the Managing Director (MD) for integration, this Sr. Manager role will focus on the integration of TD Ameritrade while working in a team setting. The individual will be charged with delivering thoughtful, insightful and high impact contributions across a range of "high-stakes" strategic results for the integration. You'll work across the Investor Services and Marketing organization with senior leaders and a hard-working team of strategy and industry veterans who are defining the Schwab of the future.
What you're good at
- Executing a focused integration strategy and delivery plan with a focus on harmonious outcomes
- Adapting and re-calibrating plans as the situation evolves; achieve high performance in ambiguous environments; build order out of uncertainty.
- Using strategic frameworks and program/project management techniques to help guide people through uncertainty; balance multiple and potentially conflicting priorities; identifying and handling sophisticated dependencies
- Synthesizing and framing analysis into meaningful recommendations and options for senior executives; bridging the gaps between granular data and analysis to strategy
- Navigating political, cultural and emotional issues involved in Merger Integration, and help others deal with them constructively
- Facilitating groups, identifying and influencing partners, and quickly driving consensus on decisions; developing a compelling hypothesis and fact-base with imperfect data
- Balancing or working with multiple cross functional streams - including Operations, Finance, Risk, Legal, Transformation, Tech, Digital
- Planning and executing work streams for large, sophisticated projects, as well as taking full ownership for smaller projects
- Coordinating with and sometimes leading teams of 3rd party resources to develop fact-bases, perform analysis and establish new insights.
- Channeling your interest in industry leading practices and innovation into practical operating model design
What you have
- 5+ years of work experience, including 2+ years of experience in Strategy, preferably with a premier consulting firm or Strategy / Business Operations / Strategic Finance group within a large organization
- A familiarity of Broker-Dealers or wealth managers; knowledge across business functions
- Bachelor's degree; MBA (preferred)
- Superior quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, creativity in problem solving, and attention to detail
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal, with demonstrated ability developing materials and effectively communicating information
- Comfort dealing with ambiguity in a dynamic and fast-moving work environment
- Expert user of PowerPoint and Excel
- Personally and professionally aligned with Schwab's vision and values, and a strong interest in financial services
Back to top