Staff, Software Integration Support Engineer
- Phoenix, AZ
Your Opportunity To be a recognized leader within Schwab's technical community delivering the highest levels of application, system and infrastructure availability for one of the largest most respected financial service companies in the country. Break outside of the traditional IT support role and become a critical contributor in delivering technology and services that are essential in helping our customers attain their financial goals.
What you're good at
Core responsibilities include monitoring the Availability (uptime) and Reliability of some of Schwab's most critical applications used to service our clients. You will be assisting with service restoration activities when unscheduled service disruptions occur, work with release management and development partners to support new code and functionality deployments into production.
Your success will be measured through the attainment of several Key Performance Indicators (KPI's). Application Availability (Uptime), Service level agreements, Service restoral - Mean time to Restore (MTTR), Incident reduction and Release deployment success.
- Analyze and resolve application issues in production.
- Documenting Resolutions in Schwab's Knowledge Article System.
- Develop and enhance monitoring dashboards, and alerts process to increase availability of the application.
- Perform troubleshooting/debugging, issue triaging.
- Develop/Improve Production Readiness process to ensure the team is ready to support features deployed to production.
- Coordinate application maintenance activities, such has OS upgrade, Disaster Recovery exercise, etc.
- Provide off hours on-call escalation on a rotational basis in support of service recovery events
- Provide off hours Release / Deployment support and application health validation as requested.
- Working with Team Leaders to design and implement process improvement in our Production services and Operations.
What you have
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 3-5 years of experience supporting deployment, operations and support for critical applications and supporting infrastructure.
- Excellent customer service and trouble shooting skills.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and oral/written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills as well as poise under pressure.
- Accountability to work independently
- Broad knowledge of Web technologies: languages, frameworks, techniques, industry trends, etc.
- Experience in troubleshooting/debugging application issues.
- On-Call responsibility supporting service recovery events and post incident processes.
- Solid understanding of application architecture: application layer, database layer, network layer
- Web Services Technology: SOAP and REST.
- Experience with configuring System Monitoring Tools and processes.
- Splunk, AppDynamics, or Zenoss, Systrack
- IT service management processes. Change Management, Incident management, Problem management, Root Cause analysis
- Knowledge of CICD technology such as Bitbucket and Bamboo.
- Knowledge of Load balancing tools and F5 Load balancers a plus
Back to top