Staff, Software Development Engineer
- Westlake, TX
Your Opportunity Our organization, Cross Enterprise Services (CES) builds and maintains common technology solutions and utilities in a simple and consistent way that are applicable to all lines of business at the firm. These platforms are mission critical, and integral to providing world-class service to our external and internal clients.
We are looking for a hardworking technologist who will excel in developing software solutions in a fun, fast-paced, and agile environment. Ideal candidate is a highly driven software engineer who is passionate about developing high quality enterprise level software. This is an exciting opportunity to join a highly visible co-located team that delivers innovative business process solutions.
What you're good at
- Execute the full software development life cycle: design, development, test, deploy, operate, and support
- Work with the scrum team to provide development sizing & cost analysis estimates
- Utilize automated software test tools and frameworks to achieve software quality standards
- Identification of technology risks and establish mitigation plans
- Work closely with stakeholders and team members to decompose stories, design features, and prioritize tasks
- Escalate product issues and suggest product improvements
- Willingness to become certified in PEGA
- Mentor junior team members in standard methodologies and standards
What you have
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related field
- Thorough understanding of agile software development methodologies, values, and processes
- Experience with DevOps and Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins / Bamboo / GIT)
- Experience with acceptance test-driven development (ATDD) or Behavior Driven Development (BDD)
- Experience with NoSQL, and / or SQL
- Experience with distributed multi-tier applications
- Experience developing applications on the PEGA platform is desired
- Experience with Federated identity and SSO standards (e.g. SAML, OAuth) is desired
- Great teammate with good interpersonal, organizational and communications skills
At Schwab, "Own Your Tomorrow" embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees unleash their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in disrupting a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth. We're a modern financial services firm that stands apart from the industry, where you can go as far as your ambition takes you.
Hear from employees: What's it like to work at Schwab!
The benefits of working at Schwab: a package designed to empower your health, wealth, career and life.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. (Please click here to see policy.)
Schwab is also an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace.
We believe diversity and inclusion are part of our success as a company and our purpose of serving every client with passion and integrity.
Meet Some of Charles Schwab's Employees
Rosa R.Senior Specialist, Risk Analysis
Rosa has multiple cross-functional responsibilities and provides senior-level support to her team members. Rosa is constantly learning new things and uses this to educate the team and to perform as a liaison with various departments.
Back to top