Sr. Staff Software QA Engineer
- Raleigh, NC
Your Opportunity The PC Core Technology (PCCT) Team represents a centralized domain responsible for managing holdings, investment performance, and automated re-balancing across the universe of investment portfolios within Schwab. The PCCT Development team is looking for a Sr. Staff QA Engineer who will excel in a dynamic fast-paced environment.
PCCT offers a wide range of technology opportunities for the best and brightest people to grow and demonstrate their skills as they develop high-performance financial applications.
What you're good at
- QA best practices and proven experience performing all QA-related functions; including, but not limited to: vetting requirements; creating test plans, test data and test cases; executing test cases; creating automation scripts; and reviewing regression results in order to quickly determine if our products are ready for market.
- Work very closely with developers on an integrated team dedicated to delivering high-quality solutions. The right candidate will enjoy being part of a highly interactive, Agile team.
- Strong collaboration skills. Works collaboratively with development during all stages of projects to provide in process testing results. Works directly with appropriate business partners and development to understand project concepts, objectives and approach of software development projects.
- Strong communications, teamwork, and problem-solving skills are necessary. Ability to interact and communicate well with business partners and technology teams is required. Written and verbal communication skills must both be strong.
- Mentoring QA staff.
- Participate in all aspects of testing, including functional, regression, load/performance and system testing. Defines scope and objectives of all levels of QA testing. Establishes the purpose and deliverables of the test effort. Develop and implement test plans/cases
- Develop automated testing scripts for complex environments
- Lead QA efforts for assigned project(s) including coordination of QA project team who test, evaluate and validate new functions and applications, and identify issues in software or services.
- Define, develop and implement quality assurance practices and procedures, test plans and other QA assessments. Establish standards and best practices for the use within the Agile Scrum methodology. Define and track quality assurance metrics such as defect densities and open defect counts.
- Manage defects and proactively identify risks to management
- Able to work independently and in team environments.
- Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills to provide detailed root cause analysis.
What you have
- 7+ years' experience in Quality Assurance for highly complex projects related to Cloud or distributed platform, or mainframe batch applications.
- Proven experience with black box and white box testing techniques and tools
- 7+ years of experience in automating REST Services, Web Services, Micro-Services and data processes (extracting/loading)
- 7+ years' of experience in complex data analysis and data calculations.
- 5+ years of experience in test automation tools--Agile Development Practices, Scrum and supporting apps: Microsoft Test Manager (MTM), Jira, and GIT
- Experience with Selenium, Selenium Grid, Protractor, HP Load Runner, Visual Studio or Parasoft SOATest
- Experience with Oracle, SQL, MongoDB, transfer or data delivery technologies
- Strong written and verbal communications, teamwork and problem-solving skills
- Experience supporting a Test-Driven Development culture by contributing to automated unit and integration tests
- Engage in testing as a part of the development cycle, thereby shortening the QA cycle, and increasing QA breadth and depth of knowledge of the Banking applications
- Ability to interact and communicate successfully with business partners and technology teams
- Self-starter who can grasp difficult concepts and large architectures quickly and stay on top of new and emerging technologies
- Very strong multitasking skills will be required. Must be comfortable in a dynamic fast paced environment.
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Ability to think outside the box and come up with creative solutions when tools don't work
- Experience working with resources in different geographical locations and offshore vendors
- BS or MS in computer science or related technical field
- Experience with NoSQL database like MongoDB or Aerospike is a plus
- Experience with financial services or brokerage industry
Back to top