Sr. Staff Scrum Master
Your Opportunity Charles Schwab has been a leader in financial services for over four decades, working to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable to all. Driven by our purpose to champion every client's goals with passion and integrity, we're committed to providing an environment that respects and appreciates the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. Our goal, as seen through clients' eyes, is that Schwab continuously improves on being a premier financial service provider through best in class service, technology, products, people and advice. The Trading and Mutual Fund Technology teams are in the midst of re-architecting and rebuilding our core enterprise software platform to support our rapidly growing and evolving business.
We are looking for a talented Scrum Master to lead our Agile software development teams, who will help establish and maintain industry standard Agile practices for our teams. The role of the Scrum Master requires a dynamic individual, capable of managing sprints for multiple Product Owners in a fast paced environment with competing priorities and geographically dispersed teams.
What you're good at
- Perform traditional Scrum Master duties that include organizing and facilitating daily stand-up meetings, grooming sessions, reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos and other Scrum-related ceremonies.
- Track and communicate team performance, throughput, and sprint/release progress.
- Work with Development Managers, Technical Leads and Product Owners to determine team roadmap, refine the grooming process, increasing team efficiency and effectiveness.
- Assist team with making appropriate commitments through story selection and task definition.
- Identify and remove impediments; prevent distractions that interfere with the ability of the team to deliver the sprint goals; facilitate discussions and conflict resolution
What you have
- Scrum Master Certification with 5+ years of Scrum Master experience.
- In-depth knowledge of agile practices (Scrum, Kanban, etc.) and the ability to determine what process work for a team. Also, knowledge of agile excellence topics such as Test-Driven Development, Behavior Driven Development, Acceptance Test Driven Development.
- Proficiency in using Atlassian suite of tools (JIRA, Confluence, etc.)
- Knowledge of distributed systems technologies such as .NET, Java, Unix, SQL Server, Oracle.
- Leadership qualities that enable the ability to influence without authority.
- Highly adaptable to changing environment and priorities.
- Must have exceptional communication, organization, and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse and geographically dispersed teams.
- Ability to coach teams to reach their highest potential.
- Must be collaborative in driving decisions and able to deal with multiple teams, projects, and deadlines.
- Ability to hold team members accountable, set clear sprint performance standards, resolve sprint performance issues, keep team engaged and on task.
- 4+ years of software experience, preferably in a lead role would be advantageous
Back to top