Sr. Staff Business Systems Analyst
Your Opportunity Charles Schwab Investment Management is responsible for leading the Schwab mutual funds and Schwab ETFs. leads over $300 billion dollars in money market, equity, and fixed income products. The objective of the CSIM Business Analysis team is to gain in-depth business knowledge to successfully represent the business community in arriving at technical solutions that lead business strategies through implementation.
The team also participates in the day-to-day support of CSIM applications. The CSIM BA team plays a meaningful role in ensuring that the CSIM user community has the tools it needs to manage over $300 billion in assets.
The CSIM-Business Analysis Team acts as the liaison between Charles Schwab Investment Management (CSIM) and the CSIM Technology group.
What you're good at
- Requirements gathering and functional testing areas in an Agile team.
- Serving as the main contact between our business partners and CSIM Technology to ensure that business requirements are well-documented and transformed into conceptual technical solutions
- Conducting requirements-gathering meetings with users, developers, system design architects, system integrators and vendors.
- Partnering with QA in the Agile team in generating UAT test scripts
- Coordinating user acceptance testing.
- Ensuring that system solutions are delivered successfully to the business partners.
- Providing technical support and maintenance of existing systems, as needed.
- Gaining in-depth business knowledge to successfully represent the business community in arriving at technical solutions that support business strategies
- Adapting to changing priorities and handling multiple tasks.
- Understanding the data elements required to support risk monitoring.
What you have
- Working experience in the asset management arena specifically in the front office. Good understanding of portfolio creation, order and execution management and trading.
- Experience with Equity, Fixed Income and Multi-asset products. Ideal candidates will have experience in Equity Index and Passive.
- Ability to lead a project team to collectively agree on project decisions and action steps meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze/provide technology recommendations.
- Experience in systems development life cycle including the ability to define and document specifications, work with developers to design/analyze alternative technical solutions, test completed code and complete a smooth implementation with the business partners.
- Confidence in presenting both strategic and tactical vision to the team and management for both big-picture planning and day-to-day management of project goal.
- Desire to work with both in-house developed systems and third-party vendor packages. Familiarity with the Blackrock Aladdin application is desired.
- Superb communication, interpersonal, analytical, problem solving, organizational and negotiation skills.
- Education: BA/BS in Finance or related path. Finance CFA Foundation or CFA certification would also be accepted.
- 7+ years of relevant experience working as an IT business systems analyst or individuals with business analyst experience looking to transition to technology.
- Preferred Proficiencies: Experience in component-based development (integrating vendor products with in-house developed code); strong data analysis skills; working experience of the Agile Framework. Scrum master certification preferred.
Back to top