Sr. Site Reliability/DevOps Engineer
Your Opportunity We are looking for a skilled engineer with disciplines that incorporate aspects of software systems engineering and operations. We are combining these skills to come up with innovative ways of balancing and operating applications.
What you're good at
- Evangelizing SRE mindset and solving problems through systematization.
- Finding opportunities to build innovative tools and solving operations problems on a large enterprise and critical applications
- Building scripts to automate operational tasks & incorporating the solutions into infrastructure
- Triage alerts & diagnosing/resolving critical issues, handling implementation of changes
- Developing tools, frameworks, and instrumentation to validate and increase rollout success for applications.
- Coordinating capacity planning
- Developing CI/CD orchestration systems to reduce friction for software delivery to production.
- Real-Time troubleshooting of critical application workflows and incorporating feedback to product development.
- Participating in on call support
What you have
- 8-10 years of experience with enterprise level administration and support
- Experience writing automation scripts, building application dashboards for proactive monitoring, setting up Alerts for early determination of the issues
- Experience practicing SDLC (Software Development Lifecycle) practice, process improvements
- Hands-on enterprise systems administration, monitoring, and deployment activities
- Experience with Windows 2012/2016 hosted via Virtual Machine
- Knowledge of IP networking including DNS, DHCP, firewalls, IP routing, etc.
- Familiarity with large scale distributed systems and high-availability architectures
- Linux and Windows system administration, troubleshooting, and tuning
- Development experience in a programming language such as .NET, Powershell, Java, Python, Bash
- Knowledge of one or more of SQL, NoSQL databases
- Knowledge of one or more of Message Brokers such as Solace, RabbitMQ, IBM MQ
- Working knowledge of Splunk, AppDynamics or similar tools
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Financial services industry experience
- Agile methodologies
- Strong customer orientation with an affinity to enthusiastically own, communicate, and follow-through projects and issues
- Acute sense of ownership to tackle problems in a distributed environment
- Gritty resolve to dig deeper into technical issues in a complex trading eco-system
- A self-starter with the ability and confidence to independently problem solve and bring results back to the team
Back to top