Sr Digital Marketing Product Manager
Your Opportunity We're the Digital Tools team. We believe that decisions are made and preferences are shaped in every interaction with Schwab, thus creating a need to build and maintain best-in-class digital tool experiences. Our focus is on helping consumers easily answer their important investing questions and increasing their confidence in making informed choices to reach their investing goals.
The Digital Marketing Product Manager will drive the methods, strategies and approach to transforming several of our interactive digital tools (Branch Locator, Chat and Research). In this role, you will identify opportunities to propel prospect and client growth and work closely with a cross-functional team to evolve the tools into intent-rich micro moments that drive consumers to engage further with Schwab.
Ideal candidates will bring a well-rounded skillset spanning across strategic, marketing and technical disciplines and have a healthy appetite for solving challenges.
What you're good at
Components of the role will include, but not be limited to the following:
- You will be a part of an exciting opportunity to supercharge the business and help gratify customers by building digital products (tools) for our flagship site, Schwab.com, that deliver high value and build our brand.
- You will be challenged to frame complex problems or opportunities and help the team discover how to best address them.
- At times, you will need to navigate grey space and be comfortable with making decisions in the absence of some information. When work is 'siloed' you will have to cross barriers to think of effective tactics that allow us to successfully solve challenges with multiple partners. Last, but not least, you will be faced with juggling multiple deliverables.
- You will play a central role in re-assessing the current products and identifying opportunities to overhaul/enhance/update the experience to truly meet user and business needs.
- Daily activities transform depending on what stage of the product development lifecycle you are in. It may include: problem/opportunity identification, defining the most critical problems to be solved, making tradeoff decisions, collecting/pulling data and developing insights to help drive next actions, holding meetings with management and other relevant stakeholders to present findings and suggestions, working closely with the design and development functions on execution, etc.
- Ability to build strong relationships across the company and influence partners; robust communication skills such as conveying information to others in a simple and unambiguous way; deep understanding of our customers and our business goals for the product; ability to produce propositions for each market segment and buyer persona; ownership of their roadmap and product strategy; strong project management skills to help keep projects in alignment with the plan; etc.
- Ability to solve problems in a methodological, collaborative way that builds Schwab's ability to drive growth.
- Intercation and collaberation w/ many teams including: business, design, UX, platform, technical, marketing, Compliance, etc.
- Candidate will report to the Managing Director of the Digital Tools team. At this time, candidate will not have direct reports.
- Limited travel required
- The team typically operates around normal workday hours and working from home one day a week is an option.
What you have
- 8+ years of experience in a Marketing role that incorporates your storytelling and strong technical skills
- Solid critical thinking skills to assess business opportunities and decide what and where to invest time, effort and money
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Experience developing innovative approaches to solve difficult business problems
- 6+ years of relevant experience in multiple full lifecycle implementation of digital products, preferably in a financial services environment
- Proven ability to work creatively in a highly-matrixed environment
- Ability to proactively manage risk and influence others
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies, project management software, etc.
Back to top