Sr. Agile Product Owner
- Phoenix, AZ
Your Opportunity The Schwab Process Optimization Team (SPOT) is a group of highly skilled individuals whose focus is on the continuous improvement of our operational processes, application functionality and client experience. This role will handle the Pega application for RBS and leading efforts from concept to rollout. The Pega workflow system allows us to lead business processes to provide scalable long-term solutions to our clients. The Agile Product Owner will work within a Scrum team overseeing the entire software development lifecycle, with primary ownership for planning, design and implementation of new and existing features.
Our ideal candidate communicates effectively with various partners across the organization and flourishes with driving client facing technology improvements. This innovative and critical work requires our Senior Product Owners to have a clear vision for the platform, which they convey to leaders and business partners alike. In addition, this role is responsible for leading the backlog, defining the roadmap, and proactively solving problems that might affect delivery or production performance. The Sr. Product Owner will work directly with technology teams to improve and modernize the overall designs to run business process workflow.
What you are good at
- Lead one or more Agile teams through writing and grooming Epics and User stories, planning, developing, testing and releasing value to clients.
- Facilitate prioritization sessions with the business and leadership to build out feature priorities.
- Work closely with BAs and technology to flesh out requirements, and planning the release and rollout of the feature to users.
- Continuously integrate feedback from metrics, clients, partners and customers into recommendations for improving delivery and evolving our operating models and agile frameworks.
- Understand and articulate client issues to define the right solutions.
- Utilize critical insights from product management research to bring value propositions and business cases.
- Partner with various RBS product owners to plan, design, and deliver end-to-end cross platform solutions
- Build release plans and feature roadmaps aligned to strategic goals and organizational priorities while effectively leading partner tradeoffs.
- Collaborate with technology peers to lead roadmap and release planning efforts.
- Present regular readouts to leaders, stakeholders and business partners on overall status of the platform health.
- Ensure the platform is successful in achieving its objectives in a timely fashion and defining return on investment.
- Be accountable for day-to-day support and feedback, content, training and tools that ensure user enablement.
- Champion your application and lead cross-platform initiatives within a matrixed organization.
- Define the support requirements and application deployment/launch strategies to promote awareness and drive adoption.
What you have
- 5 or more years' experience in a Product Management, Product Owner or Scrum Master role.
- Advanced knowledge of business processes and workflow management design.
- Successful history working with leadership, partners, external customers, and technology teams.
- Experienced with product development/ ownership and guiding the product lifecycle from requirements to prototyping and impact measurement.
- Proven track record of owning, planning, defining, and delivering an annual roadmap.
- Solid communication skills to simplify complex technical topics.
- Effective relationship builder, and working cross-functionally
- Detail oriented, with strong analytic, research and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment; high quality of work that adheres to all standards, regulatory and audit requirements.
- Excel in prioritizing daily functions and dealing with multiple deadlines and high volumes of work.
- Advanced with Microsoft Office applications and strong working knowledge of Agile and SDLC methodologies.
- Passionately committed to providing a great client experience.
- A results oriented self-starter who can lead efforts with little or high-level direction.
- Bachelor's degree
- Knowledge and/or experience with any of these applications are a plus: STAR, Pega, SRC, SRT, Confluence, Jira, Salesforce.
- Prior experience in retirement administration/recordkeeping and/or business analysis experience is bonus.
- A strong collaborator who is outgoing, adaptable, and imaginative.
Back to top