Software QA Engineer, Staff
- Raleigh, NC
Your Opportunity The PC Core Technology (PCCT) Team represents a centralized domain responsible for managing holdings, investment performance, and automated re-balancing across the universe of investment portfolios within Schwab. The PCCT Development team is looking for a Staff Software QA who will excel in a dynamic fast-paced environment and will work closely with the development team and business analysts build and execute manual and automated software testing activities while delivering on multiple projects implementing new features and improvements, and bug fixes on a large and complex portfolio management system. The right candidate will have experience with QA best practices and demonstrable experience performing all QA-related functions; including, but not limited to: vetting requirements; creating test plans, test data and test cases; executing test cases; building automation scripts; and reviewing regression results in order to quickly determine if our products are ready for market. PCCT offers a wide range of technology opportunities for people to grow and demonstrate their skills as they develop high-performance financial applications.
What you're good at
- Facilitating communication of requirements, scoping and design decisions between team members, architects and product owners.
- Working closely with tech leads and business partners to define Agile stories for new testing capabilities.
- Participating in product roadmap discussion and long term test planning
- Developing tools and practices that will increase the testing efficiency
- Leading test design and implementation of new stories and bug fixes.
- Performing thorough reviews of test scenarios and automation code.
- Hands on ability to write unit tests and debug code to help resolve production issues.
What you have
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems, Mathematics, Physics or a closely related field
- 3-5 years of experience in Quality Assurance for highly complex projects related to Cloud or distributed platform, or mainframe batch applications
- Demonstrable experience with black box and white box testing techniques and tools
- 3-5 years of experience in automating REST Services, Web Services, Micro-Services and data processes (extracting/loading)
- 3-5 years of experience with a subset of the following:
- Experience with Selenium, Selenium Grid, Protractor, HP Load Runner, Visual Studio or Parasoft SOATest
- Experience with Oracle, SQL, MongoDB, transfer or data delivery technologies
- Strong written and verbal communications, collaboration and problem-solving skills for interacting and communicating successfully with business partners and technology teams.
- Experience supporting a Test-Driven Development culture by contributing to automated unit and integration tests
- Knowledge of Agile Development Practices, Scrum and supporting apps: Microsoft Test Manager (MTM), Jira, and GIT
- Self-starter who can grasp difficult concepts and large architectures quickly and stay on top of new and emerging technologies
- Ability to think creatively and come up with solutions when tools don't work
- Experience working with resources in different geographical locations and offshore vendors
- Become familiar with the DevOps culture and practices, be ready to put to use immediately and incrementally
- Experience with financial services or brokerage industry will make ramp up easier
What you'll get:
- Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
- Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Back to top