Site Reliability Engineer IV
- Austin, TX
We are looking for a skilled engineer with subject areas that incorporate aspects of software systems engineering and operations. We are combining these skills to come up with innovative ways of managing and operating applications.
What you are good at
- Promote SRE mentality and tackle problems through systematization.
- See opportunities to build innovative tools and tackle operations problems on a large enterprise and critical applications
- Build scripts to automate operational tasks & incorporate the solutions into infrastructure
- Triage alerts & diagnose/resolve critical issues, lead implementation of changes
- Develop tools, frameworks, and instrumentation to validate and increase rollout success for applications.
- Coordinate capacity planning
- Develop CI/CD orchestration systems to reduce friction for software delivery to production.
- Real-Time troubleshooting of critical application workflows and incorporate feedback to product development.
- Participate in on call support
- 5-7 years of experience with enterprise level administration and support
- 5-7 years of experience in writing automation scripts, building application dashboards for proactive monitoring, setting up Alerts for early determination of the issues
- 5-7 years of experience practicing SDLC (Software Development Lifecycle) practice, process improvements
- Hands on enterprise systems administration, monitoring, and deployment activities
- Experience with Windows 2012/2016 hosted via Virtual Machine
- Knowledge of IP networking including DNS, DHCP, firewalls, IP routing, etc.
- Familiarity with large scale distributed systems and high-availability architectures
- Linux and Windows system administration, troubleshooting, and tuning
- Development experience in one or more or programming languages such as .Net, Powershell, Java, Python, Bash
- Knowledge of one or more of SQL, Oracle, MongoDB databases
- Solid understanding of Actimize
- Knowledge of one or more of Message Brokers such as Solace, RabbitMQ, IBM MQ. Kafka
- Knowledge of Splunk, AppDynamics or similar tools
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Financial services industry experience
- Agile methodologies
- Strong customer orientation with an affinity to proactively own, communicate, and follow-through projects and issues
- Extreme sense of ownership to resolve problems in a distributed environment
- Gritty resolve to dig deeper into technical issues in a complex trading eco-system
- A self-starter with the ability and confidence to independently resolve issues and bring results back to the team
Back to top