Senior Software Engineer
- San Francisco, CA
We are looking for a Senior Software Development Engineer with experience building reliable systems, preferably in the financial services space.
What you are good at
- Demonstrated experience of working collaboratively in a fast-paced, agile environment and capable of working across a large enterprise.
- A keen attention to detail, problem-solving abilities and solid knowledge base are key essentials for success.
- A desire to learn and work with interesting and new technologies while driving innovation
- Collaborate within and outside the team to identify and solve problems.
- Ensure the highest quality software is developed, delivered and maintained
- 7+ years of software development experience.
- Proficiency in a programming language, such as Java and Python.
- Knowledge of cloud computing platform technologies (i.e., AWS, GCP, Azure, PCF).
- Experience designing and developing data systems at scale
- Experience using Agile methodologies is a plus.
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related work experience.
- Excellent judgment and the ability to balance stressful situations.
- Strong ability to juggle many competing priorities.
- Strong desire to leverage technology to build products that \"wow\" users
- Always learning, positive can-do attitude and a strong team player.
- Build reliable data pipelines using Python and Scala (with Apache Spark) to ingest, process and transform data
- Enable easy interaction with processed data by exposing REST-like endpoints
- Write algorithms that interact with the processed data to transform datasets into portfolios based on various parameters
- Add functionality to a web application to wrap the backend services and make them easier to use
- Write extensive and reliable tests at all parts of the test pyramid
- Continuously make improvements and optimizations so that we can build portfolios using large amounts of data in seconds
- Write automated tests for all code to ensure the highest quality product
- Contribute to architectural decisions related to the platform
- Build infrastructure required to deploy the code in the cloud using Terraform
Back to top