Senior Software Development Engineer (Fullstack Java)
Your Opportunity Schwab Asset Management Technology is a part of the Schwab Technology Services organization. Schwab Asset Management Solutions (SAMS) unites all of Schwab's money management, research and asset management platforms to help clients lead their wealth.
Our team delivers and supports Investment research applications and products used by Schwab Representatives and our Clients as they plan for their financial futures and wealth management.
This position will enable delivering high quality solutions that meet business objectives in a flexible, collaborative and rapidly changing delivery environment. It requires highly motivated and focused developers curious to build new and innovative solutions for our Clients.
What you're good at
- Design, develop and drive the next generation/cloud ready applications for Research enterprise solutions targeted for Schwab consultants and clients
- Participate in ground up modernization projects to improve user experience and collaborate with the technical architects to develop modern technical architectures
- Lead or Participate in developing cutting edge proof of concepts to be adopted into enterprise tech stack
- Analyze business problems and processes, help refine requirements and design solutions for them.
- Collaborate with Enterprise Architects to research on innovative concepts in the Fin Tech space
- Drive continuous integration and deployment strategies demonstrating tools like Jenkins/Bamboo with a DevOps philosophy
- Perform level three production support activities if the level one and level two teams are not able to resolve production issues
- Be a champion of new ways of collaborating with technology and business partners
- Search out and evangelize new and emerging technologies including open source tools
- Influence and implement improvements and efficiencies in the technical aspects of the development process
- Be a key leader in the agile process encouraging collaboration, prioritization, team accountability and visibility
What you have
- Full stack experience with 2+ years of experience. Hands on expertise with UI frameworks (Angular preferred).
- 5+ years demonstrable experience in server side service development and expertise with enterprise integration patterns (Java and spring stack experience preferred).
- Experience using Pivotal Cloud Foundry platform or similar stack. Experience with developing and deploying Cloud ready applications
- 2+ Experience REST API's and experience developing 12 factor applications
- Exposure to Apache Kafka/ Rabbit MQ and other messaging frameworks
- 5+ years proven real world experience in software engineering principles, such as software design patterns and Databases such as SQL, Oracle, MongoDB or Hadoop
- Prefer exposure to data analytics using Python/R
- Experience developing Single Page Applications using AngularJS
- Working knowledge of Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment and DevOps principles. Understanding of BDD and TDD styles
- Thorough understanding of agile software development methodologies, values and procedures
- Experience mentoring and guiding junior developers
- Experience building designs and reviewing them with architects
- Curiosity to understand and demonstrate new tools and technologies
- Excellent standout colleague with the ability to influence and negotiate
- Self-motivated as well as creative and efficient in proposing solutions to complex, time-critical problems
- Bachelors degree in computer science or related
Back to top