Senior Software Development Engineer
- Raleigh, NC
Your Opportunity The PC Core Technology (PCCT) Team represents a centralized domain responsible for managing holdings, investment performance, and automated re-balancing across the universe of investment portfolios within Schwab. The PCCT Development team is looking for a Senior Staff Software Development Technical Lead who will excel leading a scrum team in a dynamic fast-paced environment . PCCT offers a wide range of technology opportunities for the best and brightest people to grow and demonstrate their skills as they develop high-performance financial applications. The right candidate will have experience with Development best practices, like SOLID principles, and proven experience performing all Development related functions; including, but not limited to: following coding standards, unit test creation and code reviews. The right candidate will enjoy being part of a highly interactive, Agile team. PCCT offers a wide range of technology opportunities for the best and brightest people to grow and demonstrate their skills as they develop high-performance financial applications.
What you are good at
- Provide technical direction and support to the rest of your team.
- Facilitate communication of requirements, scoping and design decisions between team members, architects and product owners. Work closely with architects and business partners to define Agile stories for new capabilities.
- Participate in product roadmap discussion and long term planning for your team.
- Develop tools and practices that will increase the efficiency of your team.
- Lead design and implementation of new stories and bug fixes. Perform thorough design reviews and code reviews.
- Hands on coding, unit testing and production issue troubleshooting.
- Mentor junior staff in the team and help them reach their career goals.
- Main point of contact and subject matter expert on your product domain.
What you have
- 2+ years' experience working as a tech lead or any role in that capacity.
- 7+ years' experience developing commercial application on Windows platforms using C#/C++ and .NET.
- 3+ years' experience developing web services - preferably REST services. Very strong object oriented design skills with proven track record of well-engineered design.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Self-starter who can grasp difficult concepts and large architectures quickly and contribute at the architectural and coding levels.
- 3+ years programming experience with NoSQL and/or SQL databases o Experience with unit testing and history of successful driving quality strategy.
- Experience and a desire to mentor peers and junior staff.
- Capability and strong desire to be a technical leader within a scrum environment.
- BS or higher in computer science or related technical field.
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies is a plus.
- Familiarity with Atlassian tool stack (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Bamboo) is a plus.
- Experience with LINQ, Message Bus and Mongo DB is a plus.
- Prior Financial Services experience is a plus
- Familiarity with Micro-Services architecture and Cloud technology is a plus.
Back to top