Senior Software Developer in Test Engineer (SDET)
- Phoenix, AZ
Your Opportunity Charles Schwab's Software Developers thrive in a leading-edge work culture while developing products that help Schwab customers learn, explore and make life-impacting moves on their paths to achieving their goals. The Advisor Service Technology Trading Team is looking for a Senior Software Developer to serve as the Lead Automation Engineer across multiple agile teams.
The successful candidate will be an expert in designing scalable and maintainable test automation along with developing an automation framework when needed. This individual will work closely with the Development Lead and Technical Director to understand architecture of the application to best devise how to build reliable, maintainable automated tests.
The candidate must be passionate about quality and be an advocate of TDD philosophies as well as assist in creating a high quality culture across the organization. Finally, the ideal candidate will have the technical skills and knowledge to work very closely with developers and architects to suggest better ways to implement high quality code.
What you are good at
- Contribute to the design, development, testing, deployment, and support of Advisor Services Trading applications.
- Serve as the Lead Automation Engineer across multiple agile teams.
- Set up and maintain test automation frameworks. Build test scenarios and acceptance tests.
- Partner with Solution Architects and Platform Architects to ensure alignment with solution architecture and platform strategy.
- Work collaboratively with other engineers, product owners, and end users to creatively solve problems.
- Mentor and guide junior team members.
- Learn about the business of Schwab and Advisor Services, and identify opportunities to improve the client experience with your technical solutions.
- Advocate for agile practices to increase delivery agility.
- Create, maintain and ensure adherence to development and testing standards.
- Assist with introduction of new technologies by implementing Proofs of Concepts (PoC).
- Research test tools, methodologies, and trends and upgrade existing practices and processes
- Manage multiple mid-sized projects in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Manage the final quality on production release
What you have
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 6+ years demonstrated experience in test automation frameworks in an agile environment.
- 5+ years demonstrated experience developing in an object oriented language (Java preferred)
- Knowledge of all components of an enterprise technical architecture.
- Experience with cloud Computing technologies (AWS, Azure, PCF etc.)
- Proven experience using mocking frameworks and writing unit tests and integration tests.
- Experience performing proof of concepts and reviewing designs with Lead Developers and Architects.
- Ability to understand the long-term ("big picture") and short-term perspectives of situations.
- Ability to embrace modern architecture paradigms to maximize architectural agility.
- Motivated and driven by achieving long-term business outcomes.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent analytical and technical skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with relational and NoSQL databases.
- Experience with Atlassian Tools (Bitbucket, Jira, Zephyr, Bamboo).
- 3+ years of experience in Financial Services Industry is a plus.
Back to top