Senior Reliability Engineer (SAvE)- Trading Technology
Your Opportunity Charles Schwab has been a leader in financial services for nearly four decades, working to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable to all. Driven by our purpose to champion every client's goals with passion and integrity, we're committed to providing an environment that respects and appreciates the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. Our goal, as seen through clients' eyes, is that Schwab continuously improves on being a premier financial service provider through best in class service, technology, products, people and advice.
The Trading Technology team is responsible for handling Equity/Options/Futures/Fixed Income order management and market data for the entire firm. We are looking for a Senior Reliability Engineer to work in our dynamic and collegiate team.
What you're good at
- Evangelize SRE mindset and solve problems through systematization.
- Develop high availability and low latency system architectures for Trading runtime.
- Develop predictive analytics and monitoring for Trading infrastructure.
- Develop CI/CD orchestration systems to reduce friction for software delivery to production.
- Develop tools, frameworks and instrumentation to validate and increase rollout success for applications.
- Real-Time troubleshooting of trading workflows and incorporate feedback to product development.
What you have
- Linux or Windows system administration, troubleshooting and tuning.
- Development experience in one or more of programming languages such as .net, powershell, java, python, bash.
- Knowledge of one or more of SQL, NoSQL databases.
- Knowledge of IP networking including TCP,UDP, DNS, DHCP, firewalls, IP routing, etc.
- Knowledge of distributed systems and messaging architectures.
- Working knowledge of Open source tools Kafka, Splunk, Influx, Grafana, etc.
- Agile methodologies
- Strong customer orientation with an affinity to proactively own, communicate, and follow-through projects and issues
- Extreme sense of ownership to resolve problems in a distributed environment
- Gritty resolve to dig deeper into technical issues in a complex trading eco-system
- Well organized, with the ability to express precise and clear in written and verbal forms
- Strong team orientation and initiative to collaborate with a diverse team
Back to top