Senior Portfolio Manager, Community Development
- Westlake, TX
Your Opportunity The Senior Portfolio Manager supports all members of Community Development Group (CDG) of Charles Schwab Banking & Trust Services (BTS) in meeting its Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) obligations. CDG supports programs that help meet the lending, investment and service needs of all our communities, including low- and moderate-income (LMI) neighborhoods. We recognize that serving our communities through sound lending and good business practices benefits both the community and BTS.
CDG is responsible crafting and implementing the BTS CRA strategy, including developing, implementing and coordinating the BTS community development lending and investment programs. The Senior Portfolio Manager is specifically responsible for portfolio management and reporting, financial and transaction analysis and due diligence, loan and investment management, data reporting, and operations.
What you are good at
Portfolio Management & Reporting
- Provide support for post-closing monitoring and management of loans and investments, including supervising cash flows, invoicing, and processing wire requests.
- Assist Managing Director, Portfolio Management and Business Operations in processing, creating and distributing reports on a quarterly, annual, and, when necessary, interim basis
- Track the macro- and micro-performance of the CDG loan and investment portfolio by spreading client (CDFIs, sponsors, etc.) financial reports, communicating with clients, and critically assessing the clients' financial performance and risk profile.
- Financial covenant monitoring and enhanced stress testing
- Track and report on progress made toward BTS' CRA goals.
- Assist Managing Directors, Lending and Investments in performing due diligence, financial analysis and underwriting loan transactions, as needed.
- Improve streamlining of operations infrastructure, with a focus on automating operations portfolio management and reporting.
- Proactively streamline operational processes in support of improved CDG collaboration and efficiency; the life cycle of loans, investments and grants; and outstanding client experience.
- Collaborate to develop strategies to build and connect the team through important communications and activities.
- Identify and implement data analytics resources in support of CDG processes, portfolio risk management, and strategic planning & forecasting.
- Identify, collect and centralize critical social impact and facility, portfolio and industry level data in support of mitigating risk, effective reporting, decision-making, and achieving our CRA goals.
- Support the team, especially Managing Directors and Vice President, on special projects.
- Conduct financial analyses, market and product research to evaluate existing and new products and programs.
- Represent BTS at local industry and client events.
What you have
- Minimum seven years of experience in finance and/or community development banking, preferably in corporate finance and/or affordable housing
- Minimum of four years of experience in portfolio management
- Excellent credit, analytical and quantitative skills
- Familiarity with GAAP accounting preferred
- Ability to analyze sophisticated financial data for non-profit and for-profit entities
- Ability to identify portfolio risk and mitigates
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint and other Office products
- Adept at learning new technology
- Familiarity utilizing Salesforce and Tableau
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational, project, and time management skills
- Ability to work across organizational boundaries and build positive relationships with other departments within the Firm and vendors outside the Firm
- Strong communication skills and ability to convey financial messages in easy to understand language
- Ability to self-lead and work with little direct supervision
- Ability to collaborate with a geographically disbursed team
- Reciprocal, innovative and highly accountable mentality
- Community oriented person preferred
- Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree such as MBA or Master of Finance, Urban Planning, Public Administration, etc. preferred
Back to top