Senior Manager, Software Development
- Austin, TX
Cross Enterprise Services Quality Engineering team is a centralized Center of Excellence Quality Engineering group which is a collaborative group of experts that helps in setting up automation design, framework, process governance and tools standardization to help deliver quality in fast paced Agile methodology in a Continuous Deployment DevOps model.
The Cross Enterprise Services group provides trading business capabilities to Schwab's retail and institutional businesses by developing innovative, unique-in-class investment products and are looking for a seasoned hands on Sr. Software Development Manager (SDET) who will manage the CES QE team and enables CES domain to achieve consistent, predictable, high quality releases by implementing common practices, tools, metrics, automation frameworks and oversight.
What you are good at
As a Senior Manager you'll serve as a strong and versatile hands on technical leader. You will lead a team of Software Development Engineers in Test (SDET's) working in Kanban model supporting Cross Enterprise Service domains delivery teams to achieve consistent, predictable, high quality releases by implementing common practices, tools, metrics, automation frameworks and oversight and delivering high quality solutions that meet business objectives in a flexible, collaborative and rapidly changing environment.
You have strong team leadership skills, influence without authority, make and propose needed changes to bring more impact and the ability to hire, guide, coach and grow exceptional technology teams. You are a visible leader that thrives on developing and motivating future technology leaders. You foster an innovation culture and thirst for technology innovation. Successful leaders at Charles Schwab communicate well with teams and leaders of the organization, have active listening skills, ask great questions and provide good development feedback. You will build strong and highly functional partnerships with CES delivery leadership team and delivery teams. Our ideal candidate is a servant leader who can lead multiple parallel initiatives - big and small - with attention to detail, manage outcomes and is passionate about CI/CD/DevOps/Software Quality Engineering. Lastly, they will also be required to manage resources across disparate locations.
What you have
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or a related field
- 8+ years of experience in Quality Engineering and management roles
- Demonstrated ability to define, drive and communicate strategy and vision and influence across the organization is essential
- Ability to effectively inspire and influence teams and partners in delivering technology enabled business solutions that exceed business expectations
- 8+ years of hands-on experience in development, execution, and maintenance of automated test scripts
- Hands-on coding experience in Ruby, Java, C#, or any other object-oriented programming language
- Experience with Jenkins, Bamboo, GIT, SVN, Bit bucket, TFS, etc.
- Understanding and implementation of CI/CD/Dev Ops practices, lean methodologies
- Experience with multiple automation tools (Selenium Web Driver and grid/ Watir, cucumber, NUNIT/JUNIT/TESTNG, etc.)
- Experience with Agile and SWAT/Kanban Development Practices
- Hands-on experience with Web services virtualization, mocking and stubbing
- Proven experience as a leader/trainer in a large, complex QA organization, with a demonstrated ability to implement scalable automation solutions
- Proven experience driving innovative testing solutions within a complex, Enterprise Platform
- Experience working with resources in different geographical locations and offshore vendors
- Acceptance test-driven development (ATDD) using the Gherkin language like Cucumber, JBehave, Spec Flow
- Experience in API test automation, UI automation using Sause labs, Selenium or any other open source automation tools
- Provide end-to-end, performance testing guidance, oversight and resourcing for defined, funded initiatives
Back to top