Senior Manager, Site Reliability Engineering
Your Opportunity Charles Schwab's senior managers thrive in a leading-edge work culture while focusing on products that help Schwab customers learn, explore and make life-impacting moves on their paths to achieving their goals.
The successful candidate will bring an ability to prioritize, to communicate clearly and compellingly, and to understand how to drive a high level of focus and perfection building and demonstrating a strong team. Our senior managers drive their organizations to continuously supply to evolving the Schwab experience and technology.
The Senior Manager of Schwab Reliability Engineering will lead teams working on high availability, maintainability, support and production automation of the Cloud and Enterprise Middleware platforms. This role is to help inspire change within the Cloud Operations organization to build a best-in-class Service Availability. Also, will be leading a consistent operating model, including standard processes, critical metrics and practices for service availability, production automation and engineering.
What you're good at
- Participate with other senior leaders to translate strategic plans and goals into tactical plans and overall architectural strategies.
- Build and realize the strategy and lead internal business management functions for the organization, as well as guide the future growth and development of the organization.
- Responsible for planning, staffing, budgeting and handling expense priorities. Accountable for leading an annual budget of $2MM-$5MM across projects and support within 1% variance.
- Build client driven technology teams improving the software quality, platform and technology services.
- Build processes and policies that meet or exceed federal guidelines and requirements for financial institutions all while developing frameworks for operational effectiveness. Help ensure technology portfolio and governance aligns to the firms' strategic business goals and objectives.
- Develop a high performance team culture and capabilities by leading talent closely, developing next generation leaders and addressing performance concerns actively.
- Lead continuous improvement efforts within area regularly to improve process and other efficiencies, resulting in tangible cost improvement for project deliveries and support activities
What you have
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- DevOps/Site Reliability Engineering Manager experience and supporting production support efforts using a DevOps methodology, QA and facilitating incident management and system recovery efforts
- Own end-to-end availability and performance of high-demand services and build automation to prevent problem recurrence; automate response to all non-exceptional service conditions.
- 7+ years of IT project management, resource management, and offshore vendor management capabilities.
- Experience with running medium to large/complex projects or teams with multiple interactions and dependencies.
- Provide feedback to drive continuous improvement in tools, practices and processes within the emerging enterprise standards at Schwab
- Good interpersonal, analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
Back to top