Senior Manager, Content Creation, Marketing and Program Management
- Phoenix, AZ
Your Opportunity Schwab Advisor Services, a division of Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is the leading provider of custody, trading, technology and practice management to registered independent advisory firms (RIAs). It provides access to sophisticated wealth-management services that help advisors attract and retain affluent clients, as well as profitably grow, compete and succeed in their business efforts. Schwab Advisor Services serves over 7,500 independent advisory firms who custody approximately $1 trillion of assets with Schwab.
The Business Consulting and Education (BCE) team creates and delivers high-quality, industry-leading consulting, education, and talent programs that help advisors better manage their businesses in addition to helping them plan and prepare for the future. The key to the team's success lies in its ability to create highly relevant and scalable programs that turn practice management insights into actionable plans that advisors can implement in their firms. These programs are delivered by a nationwide team of experienced consultants who work closely with prospects, advisors and their Schwab relationship managers to understand the firm's challenges and areas of opportunity, and then map a path forward.
Programs developed and managed by BCE include the annual Charles Schwab RIA Benchmarking Study, immersive multi-week 'Insight to Action' consulting programs, the Schwab Executive Leadership Program, Schwab Advisor University, Business Start-up Consulting, Talent Resource Center, RIA Talent Advantage, RIA Intern Program, and the Cybersecurity Resource Center. The BCE team also produces white papers on a range of practice management issues in addition to creating resources to help advisors navigate compliance requirements.
What you are good at
As a key contributor of the Schwab Advisor Services BCE organization, the Senior Manager will be responsible for developing the structure and content for new BCE programs, in addition to managing, enhancing and maintaining existing BCE programs. More specifically, this role is primarily focused on creation, development, and management of consulting programs that help our existing advisors become higher-performing firms by increasing their productivity and operational efficiency. Through actionable tools, resources, and consulting, our goal is to help advisors further differentiate how they serve their clients and achieve operational excellence. The Senior Manager in this role will conduct research, develop original in-depth, highly actionable content for new and existing programs, as well as communicate information about the programs he or she creates and manages to various levels of the Schwab Advisor Services organization. This can include presentations to executives as well as peers and members of associated teams, which requires strong communication skills.
Successful BCE team members are energized by the opportunity to work on varied projects and programs from year to year, are intellectually curious and passionate about learning new things, and able to perform research and develop content in a highly collaborative environment. The ideal candidate is comfortable with the iterative process that truly innovative programs require. Flexibility, creativity, efficiency, resourcefulness, and a positive attitude are highly valued on the team, as well as the ability to work with and influence individuals at all levels within the organization.
This role often partners with other functions within Advisor Services to successfully execute programs, and so the ability to work collaboratively with others is a must. Key business partners within and outside of BCE include the Business, Start-up, and Technology Consultants, Schwab Sales Team, Marketing, Compliance, Field Enablement, and Events.
What you have
- Ability to translate complex and varied inputs including market data, client and executive insights, and broad industry research into compelling stories and actionable programs
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to research, synthesize data, develop recommendations, influence partners and report on status
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail and the ability to understand dependencies and anticipate downstream consequences
- A 'can-do', results-oriented approach to business, ability to deliver high-quality work, develop and manage a project plan
- A bias for action and the ability to overcome obstacles and successfully manage deliverables across multiple work streams and execute on multiple projects simultaneously
- Enthusiasm for creating and cultivating relationships with internal and external partners, driving collaborative interactions and influencing outcomes
- Very strong PowerPoint skills
- Strong analytical problem solving skills
- Experience serving the financial services industry (preferred); an understanding of practice management and consulting is desirable, but not required
- 7-10 years in a program management and/or content development role
- Bachelor's degree required
- MBA preferred, but not required
Back to top