Senior Manager, Business Strategy Internal Consultant
- Lone Tree, CO
Within The Third-Party Platforms & Strategy organization we have a core strategy team, passionate about crafting growth-focused business strategies that cross product platforms and intersect with the priorities of key business partners in Investor Services, Advisor Services and the other teams within our broader asset management organization (Schwab Asset Management Services, or SAMS). Reporting into the Managing Director, the Senior Manager will be a key member of this team.
This organization is responsible for managing our 3rd party asset management platforms - maintaining a vibrant client experience while growing a revenue stream which is vital to Schwab's overall financial health. The Third-Party Platforms & Strategy group manages the following products: Mutual Funds, Managed Accounts, ETFs, 529s, Structured Products, and Alternative Investments. We develop new products and services for clients, build relationships with third-party asset management partners, maintain a healthy offering (e.g. by adding new funds or resources), and work effectively with outside firms to create a positive client experience.
The overall SAMS team is passionately committed to providing solutions that help Schwab clients achieve their financial goals. Beyond Third-Party Platforms & Strategy, SAMS includes:
- Charles Schwab Investment Management (CSIM), the investment advisor for the Schwab Funds mutual funds and ETFs;
- Charles Schwab Investment Advisory (CSIA), which includes all of our proprietary managed accounts, including Schwab Intelligent Portfolios, Schwab Managed Portfolios, Windhaven Investments and ThomasPartners;
- Schwab Income Solutions, our Fixed Income, Insurance and Annuities organization;
- The Schwab Center for Financial Research (SCFR).
What you are good at
The Senior Manager will develop and manage strategic projects for the 3rd party asset management businesses, which encompass all of Schwab's money management and portfolio advice solutions. The Senior Manager will frame hypotheses, gather robust analytics and engage in data-driven decision making. He/she will structure projects to drive to recommendations, communicate findings and results with key stakeholders.
The Senior Manager will work closely with internal partners in development of strategies to address changing industry trends, to evolve our business and economic model, pursue market growth opportunities and improve internal business processes and operations. This role will be closely involved in the implementation of these critical initiatives.
The successful candidate must be energetic and enthusiastic about strategy, analytics and financial services. He/she will be a self-motivated, resulted oriented independent contributor.
What you have
- 3-5 years of work experience in consulting, investment banking, corporate development and/or internal strategy function; prior experience in financial services strongly preferred
- Bachelor's degree
- High degree of comfort dealing with ambiguity; comfort in a dynamic and fast-moving work environment
- A strategic problem solver with strong business judgment and analytical skills, who is able to problem solve as issues arise
- Strong project management skills, including attention to detail and the ability to multi-task and work efficiently (independently and with teams), to meet tight deadlines
- Dynamic relationship building and partnerships skills; a strong teammate with experience leading others indirectly
- Robust communication skills, both written and verbal, with demonstrated ability developing materials and effectively presenting to and persuading audiences
- Highly capable user of PowerPoint and Excel
- Strong preference for prior experience in Financial Services including experience with financial products, asset management and/or the retail brokerage industry in general
Back to top