Senior Manager, Business Strategy Internal Consultant
- Lone Tree, CO
Your Opportunity The Asset Management Client Solutions (AMCS) team is responsible for managing our 3rd party platforms - maintaining a vibrant client experience while growing a revenue stream which is vital to Schwab's overall financial health. To do this, we develop new products and services for clients, build relationships with third-party asset management partners, maintain a healthy offering (e.g. by adding new funds or resources), and work effectively with outside firms to create a positive client experience. The AMCS team manages the following products: Mutual Funds, Managed Accounts, ETFs, Annuities & Insurance, and Alternative Investments.
The Senior Manager, Business Strategy, will be a key member of the team, focused on supporting strategic initiatives that cross product platforms, as well as intersecting with the priorities of key business partners in Investor Services, Advisor Services and the other teams within our broader asset management organization (Schwab Asset Management Services, or SAMS).
What you are good at
Reporting into the Managing Director, Third Party Platform Strategy, the Senior Manager will be part of the team responsible for developing strategies and managing the corresponding projects for the AMCS businesses, which encompass all of Schwab's money management and portfolio advice solutions. The overall SAMS team is passionately committed to providing solutions that help Schwab clients achieve their financial goals. Beyond AMCS, SAMS includes:
- Charles Schwab Investment Management (CSIM), the investment advisor for the Schwab Funds mutual funds and ETFs;
- Charles Schwab Investment Advisory (CSIA), which includes all of our proprietary managed accounts, including Schwab Intelligent Portfolios, Schwab Managed Portfolios, Windhaven Investments and ThomasPartners;
- The Schwab Center for Financial Research (SCFR).
The Senior Manager will also be responsible for enhancing and maintaining critical data functions, including internal management reporting, external PR reporting and data capabilities. The role will support robust analytics for strategic projects and data-driven decision making.
The successful candidate must be energetic and enthusiastic about strategy, analytics and financial services. He/she will be a self-motivated, resulted oriented independent contributor.
What you have
- 3-5 years of work experience in consulting, investment banking, corporate development and/or internal strategy function; prior experience in financial services strongly preferred
- Bachelor's degree
- High degree of comfort dealing with ambiguity; comfort in a dynamic and fast-moving work environment
- A strategic thinker with strong business judgment and analytical skills, who is able to problem solve as issues arise
- Strong project management skills, including attention to detail and the ability to multi-task and work efficiently (independently and with teams), to meet tight deadlines
- Dynamic relationship building and partnerships skills; a strong teammate with experience leading others indirectly
- Robust interpersonal skills, both written and verbal, with demonstrated ability developing materials and effectively presenting to and persuading audiences
- Highly capable user of PowerPoint and Excel
- Strong preference for prior experience in Financial Services including experience with financial products, asset management and/or the retail brokerage industry in general
Back to top