Senior Internal Auditor, Corporate and Treasury
Your Opportunity Charles Schwab Internal Audit Department (IAD) provides independent and objective assurance designed to add value and improve the operations of Schwab for all stakeholders. Internal Audit assists Schwab to accomplish its objectives by using a systematic, disciplined approach to understand, evaluate, test and improve the effectiveness and security of business processes across the organization. Additionally we evaluate the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes. Internal Audit leadership is responsible for overseeing the execution of internal audits, identifying and implementing process improvements, monitoring vendor performance, and periodically report to governance committees, federal regulators and the Audit Committee. The Internal Audit Department is exposed to and communicates with all areas of the company. The department is split into six enterprise teams; Technology, Broker-Dealer, Bank, Corporate, Operations and Professional Practices.
The Corporate Capital and Treasury Risk Team is seeking a Senior Specialist. This team is responsible for execution of audits over the firm's corporate and risk management functions, with a specific focus treasury activities. Specific audits include liquidity, interest rate risk, capital and model risk areas. The team also performs testing to confirm remediation of audit issues and regulatory issues.
Reporting to the Vice President of the Corporate Capital and Treasury Risk Team, the Senior Specialist will have responsibility for assisting in the for the independent and objective assurance activity designed to improve the organization's operations and compliance with key regulations by evaluating and improving the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
What you're good at
- Audit Execution : Participate in the planning and execution of internal audit assignments, ensuring work is performed in accordance with IIA standards and IAD policies and procedures. Responsibilities will include: scheduling and participation in audit meetings; participation in scoping discussions; drafting of audit deliverables; design and execution of testing; and completion and review of work papers. Additionally, assist in the tracking of team operations including audit status, issue status, and budgets.
- Issues Identification: Based on the results of audit testing, identify and draft audit observations for review by the Internal Audit Manager/Senior Manager (and above levels) and subsequent debriefing with the key stakeholders (typically VP-level and below).
- Issue Management and Validation: Conduct validation testing of the audit issue action plans completed by the business.
- Risk Assessment: Under the supervision of IAD Management, participate in the annual Risk Assessment process, including scheduling and participation in meetings with stakeholders, and the scoring and documentation of risk ratings.
- Coaching: Provide support, coaching, and feedback to audit team members throughout the audit. Provide assistance with onboarding and ongoing support to new team members.
- Administration/Training: Completion of firm-wide and departmental administration and training requirements.
- Other Initiatives/Special Projects: As needed, assist with special projects related to business process improvement or internal team needs.
What you have
- 3 - 5+ years of financial services-related audit experience with increasing responsibility. Experience with Treasury activities, including liquidity, interest rate risk, and capital areas. Experience specific to internal audit and/or similar Big 4 Accounting or regulatory experience a plus.
- Demonstrated experience performing internal audits amongst a complex risk and regulatory environment.
- Ability to work as a member of a project team and cultivate a strong working relationship with external co-sourcing providers and internal lines of businesses.
- CFA, CPA, FRM or other risk management certifications are strongly preferred. Applicable progress on pursuing these certifications is considered.
- Understanding of risks and internal controls and the ability to evaluate and determine the adequacy and effectiveness of controls.
- Stays current on industry and regulatory issues and best practices for capital, interest rate and liquidity risks, along with model guidance. Candidate should have knowledge of regulatory requirements for these areas, such as SR15-18, SR1519, ROPE, SR11-7, EPS, SR12-7, SR10-6.
- Excellent analytical skills, including the ability to anticipate issues and to design appropriate solutions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a demonstrated ability to articulate effectively and professionally.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Ability to travel 15-20%
Back to top