Regional Wealth Management Consultant - Dallas, TX
- Dallas, TX
Your Opportunity As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Regional Wealth Management Consultants play a critical role in supporting branch employees by reinforcing and helping develop effective client engagement skills. Regional Wealth Management Consultants influence branch employees through targeted coaching and development in 5 areas of focus:
- Improving efficiency and effectiveness
- Being skilled in client interactions and engagement
- Leveraging planning concepts, tools and dialogue adeptly
- Appropriate wealth management strategies and solutions for client scenarios
- Successful and consistent adoption of practice management standards
The WMC also works closely with internal partners (investment solutions, banking and insurance), as well as serving as a key regional liaison for Schwab's internal and external comprehensive wealth management offerings.
What you are good at
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Encouraging the growth and development of branch staff and impacting them to become proficient and effective as they leverage Schwab's sales process.
- Collaborating and coordinating with branch leaders to create a customized growth and client retention strategy for each branch supported.
- Being a subject matter expert on a broad range of financial planning and wealth management solutions, teaching FCs how to effectively deliver impactful outcomes for clients.
- Helping consultants manage their practice through effective engagement activity and processes.
- Inspiring FCs to successfully manage and grow the opportunities in their pipeline.
- Consulting with branch employees on effective organic business development activities.
- Conduct a high frequency of development activities including, but not limited to employee 1:1s, branch meetings, regional meetings, partner meetings, sales huddles and training meetings.
- Being the key partner and resource to the Region in coordinating speakers for, and/or acting as a keynote speaker for a variety of client and prospect workshops/events.
- The ability to build and sustain exceptional working relationships with Investor Services leadership (Market Executives, Branch Managers, Portfolio Consulting, Acquisition Delivery, etc.), as well as the many internal specialty partner groups (Fixed Income, Thomas Partners®, Windhaven®, Charles Schwab Investment Advisory, Insurance & Annuities, Trading Solutions, Schwab Bank, etc.) to identify opportunities to support growth and product educational needs.
- The ability to build and sustain exceptional working relationships with Advisor Services leadership to support Schwab Advisor Network to ensure resolution of advisor issues, onboard new firms added to the matrix, help participating firms develop enhanced relationships with the branches and consultants, and supporting business development activities.
- As a key relationship, the ability to engage in consistent dialogue with Schwab Private Client leadership to identify opportunities/challenges to drive growth of Schwab Private Client.
- Providing relevant "field" feedback and insight into all product marketing and distribution issues to client experience and product management groups.
- Being a key partner in the introduction of new processes, tools and solutions.
What you have
- Position requires BA/BS required, MBA a plus.
- Industry certifications (CIMA/CFP/CFA/CWS) preferred.
- Demonstrated skills in sales education, business development tactics, and public speaking.
- Typically a minimum of 10 years in the financial services industry with 5+ years' experience in an investment management or sales management role.
- Past experience in Financial Planning experience is preferred
- Demonstrated effectiveness as a coach
- Excellent communication skills, including client facing and senior management level presentations
- Ability to partner with others to create tangible actionable business plans
- Additionally, candidate must possess exceptional written communication, organizational, and time management skills.
- Ability to influence others, teach general sales skills and deliver specific product and technical knowledge.
- Strong customer focus, including ability to think in terms of customer experience/perspective.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship skills. Ability to establish rapport with and influence Schwab colleagues
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and implement a clear, focused business development strategy for area/group.
- Ability to influence and achieve objectives without direct authority or direct reporting relationships.
- The ability to travel extensively (65%+) throughout an assigned region is required.
- A strong understanding and grasp of the competitive landscape in the financial services industry and the position that Schwab has within the industry.
- Aptitude to engage and manage relationships with third parties (relationship management)
- Ability to work in a team environment with other RWMCs and the Wealth Management Directors
Back to top