QA Automation Architect/Solution Architect
Your Opportunity We're looking for a talented, driven, results-oriented & highly technical QA Architect to join our Enterprise Quality Strategy program, who shares our passion for technology, innovation, and excellence. The QA Architect will have responsibility for establishing QA technology standards, including processes, frameworks, and tools to accelerate automation efforts and the transition to a CI/CD framework at enterprise level and ensure teams follow the established norms. This position includes cross functional interaction with developers, QA Engineers, and product managers to identify risk areas, testing responses, and ensure total quality.
What you're good at
- Responsible for design and architecture guidance across Schwab's suite of quality platforms and practices at enterprise level.
- The QA Architect works as team member alongside developers, QA Engineers, and product managers and other supporting team members to define the quality standards, patterns, practices and strategy for the firm.
- Collaborate with other technologists on creating cross-domain solutions. Review, comment and contribute to the firm's overall technology strategy.
- Presenting to technology leaders and business executives.
- Providing thought leadership around technical solutions.
- Enforcement of policies and procedures for Quality (Unit Tests, Integration Tests, Acceptance Tests...) code quality standards, while mentoring engineers on the new technologies and standards.
- Represent QA views in the SDLC evolution to ensure enablement agile execution processes.
- Build strategic partnerships with clients and effectively promote the value add of a QA service to their development process as needed.
- Driving the vision for any modifications of standards in reaction to environmental changes and Create artifacts at enterprise such as processes, and coding standards
- Actively participate in Scrum meetings to ensure team deliverables are met.
- Utilize automated software test tools and frameworks to achieve software quality standards.
- Maintain a strong understanding of appropriate industry standards and keep up to date with best practices and have high-level idea of disruptions in the industry
What you have
- Ability to define and present a vision for the future of the Software Quality Assurance, Test Data Management, Environment approach and automation platforms.
- Ability to drive through influence ideal solution strategy with agility and leadership qualities which engineers recognize and respect
- Good judgment and the ability to handle stressful situations.
- Knowledge of the quality engineering technology space: languages, frameworks, techniques, industry trends
- Lead experience in test automation (Unit, Integration, System, Performance)
- Experience with Test Data Management platforms and test data harvesting and test data generation approaches
- Deep knowledge in TDD/BDD and Acceptance Test Driven Development practices
- Deep knowledge of API (REST, SOAP) contract testing and consulting on building scalable and high performance Web APIs.
- Experience in implementing DevOps and Site Reliability Engineering best practices
- Security Testing including vulnerability analysis, OWASP Top 10 and approach to identify threats to a systems and identify vulnerabilities
- Deep knowledge of one or more languages: Ruby, C#, Java
- Deep knowledge and experience with server side .NET or Java.
- Ability (and preference) to work in an Agile environment.
- Ability to apply innovative technology to solutions that would benefit our clients.
- Ability to influence and effect changes that have broad and long term impact on the firm.
- Ability to develop community of practices to facilitate discussions with technical team on platform-wide considerations, driving improvement and efficiencies, and providing leadership.
- A software engineering background preferred.
- Strong presentation and communications skills, with the ability to work with engineers and executives.
Back to top