Product Owner, Smart Processing Ecosystem
Your Opportunity The Business Process Transformation team at Schwab is a cross-functional group that is helping to drive transformation across the firm. We use a variety of methodologies, tools and capabilities to drive large-scale change. Alongside our business and technology partners, we are responsible for protecting and safeguarding the assets of the firm and our clients while continuing to increase scalability, efficiency, and service experience.
As a Product Owner for our Smart Operations Ecosystem, you will define a product vision consistent with our overarching Smart Processing Strategy, and execute against this vision to accelerate value delivery to our business partners, advisors and clients. You will lead a cross-functional product team, focused on the evolution of our most important service, processing, and client experience elements. You will be responsible for identifying use cases to drive new features and functionality, partnering with cross-enterprise teams to ensure successful launch, user adoption, and realization of client and business value.
Smart Processing requires end-to-end, ecosystem strategy, vision, planning, and execution. When executed well, it drives tangible near-term benefits for Schwab and our clients, including greater scale via increased levels of automation and straight-through processing, greater transparency into service and operational processes, and more efficient and personalized service. Smart Processing also drives our long-term strategy through creation of data assets that will power AI and Machine Learning applications leading to even greater scale, personalization, and speed to market for Schwab's next generation of products and features.
What you're good at
- You push yourself and others to do their best work. You seek out opportunities to achieve your goals, your team's goals, and your customers' goals
- You build teams and lead people in highly complex, matrixed environments providing coaching and support to develop them as they build their career with Charles Schwab
- You motivate teams by developing and evangelizing a compelling product vision, informed and enriched by business and customer input and data driven insights.
- You build credibility with colleagues at all levels, forming strong relationships to remove obstacles quickly and effectively
- You are an exceptional communicator. You understand the power of listening and adapt your style to your audience. You can command a room or gently persuade as needed, and you are comfortable challenging and being challenged.
- You use data to test, analyze and deliver the right outcomes for your clients; leveraging insights to make data-driven decisions at the heart of your prioritization for what you deliver
- You build great experiences, and great products. You make things happen.
What you have
- 7-10+ years of experience as a Product Owner who has led teams in a complex enterprise environment where successful projects often require coordination across multiple teams
- Strong track record of delivering ambitious products and strategic business capabilities that move the needle and meet or exceed KPI goals.
- Ability to drive change, stay nimble and pivot to support new ways of doing things across organizational boundaries and shifting priorities.
- Great listening skills - Understand the value of listening to client needs and have the ability to understand the deeper underlying problem that needs to be addressed.
- Servant Leadership - Able to garner respect from your team, lead and demonstrate value-add principles, and willing and able to get your hands dirty to get the job done.
- Attitude of transparency - Desire and ability to bring disclosure and transparency to the team and grow trust between the business and your ecosystem partners.
- Conflict resolution skills - Able to facilitate discussion of issues and different approaches and alternatives, and effectively resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Basic knowledge of data tools and analytics e.g. Splunk, Tableau, Adobe Analytics, SQL, R, Python.
- Experience on a Product Management team within financial services strongly preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of agile and scaled agile practices, including certifications, a plus.
- Knowledge of Schwab products, services, operations and/or support systems is a major plus.
Back to top