Investment Research Analyst
We are looking for a Research Analyst to join our Multi-Asset Quantitative Solutions Team, to craft and manage thematic and sustainable investment products for our clients.
Thematic investments focus on the future: you will be predicting how the world will change in the next decade and how to invest in those changes. You will approach this both top-down, from the macro- and micro-economic drivers, and bottom-up, from the people and companies involved.
Our team sits at the cross-section of fundamental research and data science, applying data and research to long-term investing. We study the drivers of change in the economy and build investment models to create custom solutions. These drivers can be of many forms, such as technology, innovations, business areas, macroeconomic trends, events or views on sustainability. Sustainable Investing - ESG, SRI - is an area of phenomenal importance for the world and significant interest and focus for us and our clients.
What you are good at
- Studying economic, socio-political and technological themes that drive investment returns
- Keeping up to date with news and events relating to the equity markets and our investment portfolios
- Having views on themes in the economy, including in the area of sustainable investing
- Originating data-driven solutions to fundamental investment questions
- Collaborating closely with engineers and quantitative researchers to understand how to apply technology to tackle investment questions
- Applying the best available tools - including Excel, Bloomberg, SQL and Python - to turn human insight into investment portfolios
- Presenting the results of your research to technical and non-technical audiences
- Managing research projects from idea inception through to trade execution
- Driven, self-motivator with attention to detail who is able to define and seek out problems
- Bachelors Required in Finance, Economics or other quantitative field
- 4+ years of experience in finance and investment management
- Experience analyzing macroeconomic, sector or industry trends in a detailed manner
- Strong skills in Excel, PowerPoint and industry tools such as Bloomberg
- Familiarity with data science tools, such as SQL and Python
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Back to top