Internal Audit Manager, Technology
Your Opportunity The Internal Audit Department (IAD) of The Charles Schwab Corporation provides independent and objective assessments to determine whether all significant risks are identified and appropriately reported by management and risk functions to the Board and Executive Management, to evaluate whether risks are adequately controlled, and to challenge Executive Management to improve the effectiveness of governance processes, risk management, and internal controls.
Reporting to the Managing Director in IAD Technology, the IT Audit Manager, Infrastructure has responsibility for the independent and objective assurance activity designed to improve the firm's operations by evaluating and improving the effectiveness of risk management, control, and technology related governance processes. This position is also responsible for liaising with the firm's risk management functions, external co-sourcing provider, and regulators.
What you're good at
- Design and successfully execute information technology (IT) audits included in the internal audit plan and provide strategic and proactive consultation in identifying risk exposures and in evaluating solutions for internal control weaknesses and regulatory compliance issues.
- Plan, lead and execute individual internal audits, including efforts to prepare well-written planning and testing documents, and audit reports.
- Review key internal audit work papers ensure clear identification and communication of risks and issues prior to presentation to senior management.
- Coordinate project teams, including co-sourced resources, in conducting individual audits.
- Participate in maintaining business relationships with appropriate levels of management ensuring IAD is aware of key changes to business activities and objectives for appropriate response.
- Promote the increased use of data analytics techniques to evaluate large data sets for trends and anomalies.
- Address issues during the internal audit process by gathering facts, developing potential solutions, consulting with management, and implementing an action plan to solve the problem.
- Participate in departmental strategic initiatives and projects, as requested by the VP and/or EVP of Internal Audit.
What you have
- 5+ years of IT-related audit experience with increasing responsibility. Specific IT audit and/or similar Big 4 Accounting experience a plus.
- Demonstrated experience leading IT and integrated internal audits and their associated team members, amongst a complex operational and regulatory environment.
- Ability to lead a project team and cultivate a strong working relationship with external co-sourcing provider, and internal lines of businesses.
- Bachelor's degree in information technology, information systems, accounting, computer science or related field.
- CISA, CPA, CIA, CISSP or other applicable certification preferred.
- Excellent analytical skills, including the ability to anticipate issues and to design appropriate solutions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a demonstrated ability to articulate effectively and professionally.
- Leverages relationships and insights to successfully influence others. Builds authentic and trusted relationships to create alignment and support.
- Thrives on initiating, building and cultivating strong relationships inside and outside advancing the goals and the future of the company; highly collaborative; comfortable with debate and willing to challenge the status quo; navigates and activates alignment across organizational silos and upward through the Management hierarchy.
Back to top