- Austin, TX
Your Opportunity As a member of Advisor Services Technology, Service Availability and Engineering team, you will be immersed in a collaborative, innovative, and technically challenging environment. The platforms we support are essential to the success of the investment advisor and offer features such as client relationship management, portfolio accounting, trading, data integration, reporting and much more.
We are looking for skilled candidates who are enthusiastic about learning new and existing technologies in order to deliver exceptional solutions for the production resiliency of the systems. The role incorporates aspects of software engineering and operations. We are combining these skills to come up with better ways of managing and operating applications. The role will require a high level of responsibility and accountability yet has a support structure necessary for development growth. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of successfully building and supporting enterprise applications.
What you are good at
- DevOps mindset and solve problems through systematization.
- Develop predictive analytics, dashboards and monitoring.
- Develop high quality, industry standard CI/CD orchestration systems to reduce friction for software delivery.
- Provide real-time troubleshooting of application workflows and incorporate feedback to development.
- Work with the development teams to design scalable, robust systems using cloud architecture.
- Build automation using industry tools (like Bamboo, Jenkins, Puppet, Ansible, SALT etc.) to deploy applications and services.
- Manage, support and build applications within Cloud (PCF desired).
- Application and tool development using .Net technologies.
- Identify bottlenecks and problems throughout the infrastructure.
- Prefer to build automation to perform redundant tasks rather than manually handling toil.
- Enjoy pushing scalability to the limit with high throughput services.
- Design solutions with failure in mind to ensure reliability.
What you have
- Working knowledge and CI/CD experience with tools: Bitbucket, Bamboo, SonarQube, Veracode, Nexus.
- GCP, Azure, AWS or equivalent cloud platform experience. PCF environments preferred however any Cloud experience is sufficient.
- Experience supporting Internet/Web delivered application platforms.
- Full stack feature/tool development experience desired.
- Experience writing applications using .Net or Java technologies desired.
- Understanding of software theory and algorithms, computational theory and practice, software engineering lifecycle/design, database design and data storage, network security and architecture, operating systems and ethical programming.
- Demonstrated experience with modern versions of PowerShell and Shell scripting.
- Knowledge of IP networking including TCP, UDP, DNS, DHCP, firewalls, IP routing, etc.
- Some experience with Linux and Windows system administration and troubleshooting.
- Excellent debugging skills across a variety of integrated platforms.
- Preferred experience with GIT, GITFlow, JIRA, Confluence and Agile frameworks.
- Familiarity of one or more databases, Oracle, SQL, Mongo.
- BS in computer science or related technical field with at least 3 years of experience with listed technical skills.
- Proficient in managing multiple priorities in a dynamic, geographically dispersed environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Back to top