Data Analytics Lead - Internal Audit
Your Opportunity The Internal Audit Department (IAD) of The Charles Schwab Corporation provides independent and objective assessments to figure out whether all significant risks are identified and appropriately reported by management and risk functions to the Board and Executive Management, to evaluate whether risks are adequately controlled, and to challenge Executive Management to improve the efficiency of governance processes, risk management, and internal controls.
The Professional Practices Group (PPG) is seeking a Data Analytics Lead, Internal Audit Analytics. PPG provides the processes, training, and tools to support the enterprise teams' alignment to standards and expectations of quality and consistency. PPG also provides the data and analysis of internal audit activities and results to support CSC's governance committees' ability to perform effective oversight.
Working with the Managing Director of Data Analytics, the Data Analytics Lead will join an audit team undergoing transformation to support the continued evolution and maturity of the internal audit function to meet regulatory expectations for a large financial institution.
What you're good at
- Contribute to the development and implementation of a data analytics program as a key contact for IAD. Build as well as follow written procedures, standards and training on the execution of data analytics.
- Accountable for the enhancements and day-to-day support of multiple dashboards, tools and operational processes including:
- Maintain existing dashboards and analytics tools for IAD teams including meeting deadlines and communicating changes in timelines for dashboards.
- Handle incoming requests through intake tool including ensuring completeness of request, seeking approval for request, assigning resources, and tracking through to completion.
- Work with peers to gain understanding of internal systems while conducting root cause analysis of issues, reviewing new and existing code and performing acceptance testing.
- Lead data extraction, storage, transformation, and processing through data analytics routines, and generate output for analysis and discussion.
- Use data analysis tools to automate audit testing and develop techniques for continuous auditing and analyzing large volumes of data.
- Coordinate with data owners across the organization to identify appropriate data sources and data elements required for analytics, perform procedures to validate the completeness and accuracy of data.
- Collaborate with enterprise audit team members to find opportunities to use data analytics to support data profiling to better understand distribution and figure out sampling strategies.
- Ensure accuracy, completeness, and compliance to standards for documentation related to dashboards and tools.
- Conduct training on tools for new employees and address questions.
- Provide oversight, feedback and mentoring to junior team members assigned to audit projects.
- Identify, design, and develop data analytics code and tools to support requests.
- Work with audit team members to appropriately scope and execute data analytics focused on the most significant and relevant risks.
- Be aware of changes in the business that may affect the risk environment and, therefore, require possible changes to tools or dashboards, and associated analytics.
- Work closely with key partners on key department initiatives to understand and deliver on user requirements.
- Build and bring to bear knowledge of the business, regulatory requirements and expectations, industry standard methodologies, and Schwab's strategy to identify where analytics will add new value in decision making
- Maintain and develop executive management dashboards in support of Audit Committee and other key audit related executive committee reports.
- Maintain business relationships with peers across the organization ensuring Internal Audit is aware of key changes to business activities and objectives for appropriate response.
- Identify themes, trends, and emerging risks for advancement and communication to IAD senior management.
- Champion and promote the use of data analytics techniques to internal audit teams to evaluate data sets for trends and anomalies within Internal Audit.
- Provide support, coaching, and feedback to the audit team throughout the audit. Provide assistance with onboarding and ongoing support to new team members.
What you have
- 5-7+ years of experience in Financial services performing the following tasks with increasing responsibility:
- ETL (data extraction, transformation, loading)
- Data analysis
- Reporting automation
- Delivering visualization tools
- Internal audit, financial services, and/or Big 4 Accounting experience is a plus.
- 2-5+ years of experience in the:
- Design, development, documentation, testing and debugging new and existing software systems and/or applications for internal use
- Performance of defect corrections (analysis, design, code)
- Leading of design meetings and consulting with business clients to refine, test, and debug programs to meet business needs, and interacting with direct third party partners in the achievement of business and technology initiatives
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience performing data analytics of the following areas:
- Data analytics and management technologies. Alteryx and Python are required (Tableau, SAS, R, Informatica, Power BI, TeamMate Analytics, ACL etc. are all a plus)
- Database management systems (SQL, Oracle, Teradata, etc.) preferred
- Robotics process automation tools (Ui Path, Blue Prism, Automation Anywhere, etc.) preferred
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing large datasets
- Queries, report writing and communicating findings
- Demonstrated experience working among a complex operational and regulatory environment.
- SharePoint administration using automation workflows.
- CISA preferred. Other applicable certifications will be considered.
- Knows the latest on industry and regulatory issues and standard methodologies; imparts this knowledge to the team and the auditees.
- Excellent analytical skills, including the ability to anticipate issues and to design appropriate solutions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a demonstrated ability to articulate effectively and professionally.
- Uses relationships and insights to successfully influence others. Builds authentic and trusted relationships to create alignment and support.
- Motivated by performance, results-oriented; flexible with changing priorities, high levels of ambiguity, and non-routine issues.
- Ability to communicate with highly technical team members and develop training that can be understood by non-technical individuals.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative to work with functional subject matter resources.
- Aim for learning. Flourishes with collaboration, sharing knowledge and guiding others.
- College Degree required.
- Ability to travel occasionally (less than 5%)
Back to top