Corporate Vendor Management, Managing Director - Financial Services and Market Data
- Lone Tree, CO
Your Opportunity Corporate Vendor Management (CVM) at Charles Schwab & Co. is responsible for implementing a firm-wide, end-to-end vendor relationship management process to maximize vendor performance and value. CVM provides strategic sourcing support; identifies, mitigates, monitors, and handles vendor risk; and assists Schwab in meeting regulatory and compliance requirements. Reporting to the Senior Managing Director of Sourcing within CVM, this Managing Director will lead the team responsible for category management and strategic sourcing capabilities in the Financial Services and Market Data sourcing space.
In addition to sourcing, CVM also partners with business units to identify, mitigate, supervise, and handle vendor risk; and assists Schwab in meeting regulatory and compliance requirements.
What you are good at
- The Managing Director, Financial Services and Market Data will play a crucial role within Corporate Vendor Management (CVM) by providing business partners with category management leadership, planning and expertise.
- The Managing Director, Financial Services and Market Data will lead the team in developing and handling category plans for vendors that provide financial services and market data or financial services and market data related technology and services. These plans will include pricing, indices, research, news, reference, and fundamentals data and include analysis of supplier inventory, industry trends, business requirements and corporate risk tolerance.
- This position will be responsible for supporting and leading the team in encouraging strong relationships with senior Schwab partners in several core business units; developing, maintaining and executing Financial Services and Market Data category sourcing plans; leading all aspects of the strategic sourcing lifecycle; as well as collaborating with Risk groups and Corporate Legal Services, as required, on vendor engagements.
- The Managing Director will coach staff as they lead competitive sourcing events to identify competitive vendors or alternative solutions that will generate advantages and drive favorable pricing, getting involved or leading efforts as needed. Handling competitive sourcing events will include the review and analysis of proposals, negotiation of commercial terms and the creation of presentations or reports to support management approvals of multi-year vendor agreements.
- The Managing Director will be responsible for advancements as issues arise to bring together leaders as appropriate to resolve priority, vendor and team concerns as they develop, involving leadership as needed.
- The Managing Director will supervise their team as they prepare and provide economic analysis of vendor proposals and various internal management inquiries for existing or potential vendor expenditures, including both internal and external risks associated with financial services and market data transactions.
- This leader will build and maintain strong working relationships with their peers within CVM and also Finance, Legal, Risk and other subject matter authorities within Schwab to ensure that the policies and procedures are followed and met.
- The Managing Director will also ensure that industry-leading procurement services and tools are utilized to support growth relationships for our suppliers and business partners.
What you have
- 10+ years of experience in sourcing specific to the Financial Services and Market Data space, including team leadership for much of that time.
- Demonstrated expertise in category management, strategic sourcing, consulting, vendor management, risk management and/or procurement (required)
- The ability to lead cross-functional teams and build category management plans that maximize value and mitigate risks while ensuring internal partners' requirements are met
- Proven track record of building effective working relationships with senior level business partners and internal / external partners
- Self-starter, able to run multiple projects and succeed in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with minimal direction
- Strong negotiation skills and understanding of contract law and risk requirements
- Expertise in sourcing policy, procedures and processes
- Flexible and adaptable in handling/implementing change and understands how change will affect the team, internal Business Partners and vendors
- Ability to apply organizational change and consulting skills / knowledge and expertise
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving, conflict resolution, facilitation, and negotiation skills
- Proficiency in Excel (required) and experience with Ariba, Hiperos, PeopleSoft and / or Access is a plus
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
Back to top