Client Relationship Manager
Your Opportunity Our branch network is part of the broader Investor Services organization and is primarily responsible for providing advice and counsel to individuals and families with their financial needs, including retirement planning, educational planning, investment management, estate planning, active investing, managed banking, and lending needs.
To learn more about our client offerings visit: Charles Schwab - Investor Services
What you're good at
Building strong, personal relationships with our clients is a key component of our business strategy. Our Client Relationship Manager will pursue this mission through:
- Demonstrating the ability to consistently handle client complaints and providing a resolution that meets the needs/wants of the client, the branch and the company.
- Deepening ongoing internal and external business partner relationships.
- Consistently demonstrating initiative, workplace engagement and leadership.
- Delivering a self-directed, unparalleled value and excellent client service.
- Assisting the Branch Manager and sales/support staff with meeting our clients' needs.
- Successfully navigating through extremely complex operational issues.
- Highly successful with diffusing negative client situations.
- Providing acting Branch Manager responsibilities in Branch Manager's absence.
- Managing, coaching, and developing Branch Client Service Staff.
- Coordinating and maintaining the branch paperwork and operations flow.
- Implementing, training and support of new processes that are adopted by the firm.
- Partnering with internal and external business partners to prepare for a branch audit.
- Being a product and service subject matter expert.
- Receiving checks, security deposits, check disbursements and new account processing.
- Actively uncovering additional business development opportunities.
- Scheduling the clients with a Financial Consultant for further consultation.
To learn more about the culture at Schwab, click here to meet our people .
What you have
We place a premium on high performance, quality service and the ability to execute the Schwab strategy. Essential skills include:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work related experience
- Active and valid Series 7 and 63 required
- Active and valid Series 9/10 is required
- Notary preferred
- 3-5 years in a securities/financial services capacity
- Minimum of 3 years' experience with customer service
- Minimum of 2+ years' experience in a management/supervisory capacity preferred
- Actively uncovering additional business development opportunities
- Previous experience in a direct client facing role highly preferred
- Basic understanding of brokerage regulations and rules that govern client accounts
- Demonstrated experience handling client concerns and issues with tact and diplomacy
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently and effectively as part of a team, while handling multiple tasks and responsibilities simultaneously
- Need be able to build and maintain good cross enterprise working relationships
Back to top