Business Development Officer - Large Market - Schwab Advisor Services
- San Francisco, CA
Your Opportunity Schwab Advisor Services, the leading provider of custodial, operational and trading support for independent fee-based investment advisors is looking for a sales person like you! Our heritage of serving advisors by bringing them the "Best of Schwab," our specialized expertise, and our continued investment in their business is unparalleled. Your experience and commitment can help make it possible for us to offer a depth and breadth of services supported by leading technology and experienced people to our advisor clients to help them profitably grow, compete, and succeed in their business efforts.
What you are good at
- Prospect for new custody and trading services by recruiting Advisors turning independent from the wirehouse, independent broker dealer or trust bank channels and fee-based independent investment advisors with a minimum of $500mm in assets under management.
- Manage and grow your territory and influence positive change in your business through business consultations, as well as stay abreast of business and platform updates as they occur.
- Manage and organize sales conversions with clients as well as negotiate long-term pricing in exchange for increased assets.
- Effectively coordinate with Relationship Management, Service, Technology and Marketing partners as we onboard new relationships and you transition them into the ongoing support model.
- Manage the sales process, including facilitating and coordinating new corporate client on-boarding, relationship related documentation and Welcome Call implementations.
What you have
- Our ideal candidate will be an entrepreneurial self-starter; and have a proven ability to exceed quarterly goals as set by the company
- Bachelor's degree Series 7 and 63 licenses
- Five years of proactive sales experience in the financial services industry
- Demonstrated ability to manage complicated business-to-business sales situations
- Strong interpersonal skills, comprehensive industry knowledge, comfortable with new relationships and cold calling opportunities
- Substantial knowledge of competitor's products, services, sales tactics and weaknesses
Back to top