Audit Manager, Methodology
- Westlake, TX
Your Opportunity Internal Audit (IAD) provides independent and objective assessments of the efficiency of risk management activities and the internal control environment. Reporting to the IAD Managing Director Professional Practices, the Manager will join a fast growing internal audit team undergoing transformation to support the continued evolution and maturity of the internal audit function to meet regulatory expectations of a large financial institution. This role offers the opportunity to continue to evolve the internal audit methodology, expand both technical and non-technical department training, and support initiatives to improve the related processes and technology. The position will use background and experience in internal audit, training, project management, and developing business partnerships to become the go-to person to provide methodology mentorship to teams in a classroom environment, small groups, and 1:1.
What you are good at
- Stay current with departmental training needs and coordinate with Learning and Development to maintain and update Internal Audit University training curriculum as departmental needs change.
- Coordinate and develop supplemental procedures and job aids to assist team members with execution of the audit methodology.
- Coordinate with Learning and Development and subject matter experts to develop and deliver basic-level internal audit methodology training.
- Serve as producer of virtual training sessions through WebEx Training Center; includes facilitating trainings, manage classroom breakout sessions, polling questions, monitor Q&A queue to assist participants with questions, and troubleshoot in the event of technical issues.
- Increase team member learning retention through post-training follow-up, Q&A, and/or delivering refresher courses.
- Partner with Quality Assurance team to understand themes and trends that may indicate a training opportunity and/or enhanced guidance.
- Serve as administrator of the department SharePoint site; maintain and periodically update department content, including the internal audit methodology.
- Maintain and update the calendar of department training activities.
- Contribute to ad hoc projects to support department central initiatives.
- Up to 20% travel to deliver live classroom sessions across Schwab campuses in Westlake, TX, Phoenix, AZ, Denver, CO, and Chicago, IL.
What you have
- At least five years of experience with internal audit, training, and project management in financial services or large sophisticated banking institutions.
- Solid understanding of financial services processes, IIA standards, and regulatory requirements (FRB, OCC).
- CIA, CISA, CFE (or other applicable certification) preferred.
- Performance motivated, results-oriented; flexible with changing priorities, ambiguity, and non-routine issues.
- Ability to communicate technical information to professionals across different levels within the department.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative to work with functional subject matter resources.
- Passion for learning. Thrives on collaboration, knowledge sharing, and mentoring others.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Lync, etc.), SharePoint Office 365, and WebEx Training Center.
- Working knowledge of OpenPages and TeamMate+ a plus.
Back to top