Associate, Software Engineer (NERD)
Your Opportunity This award-winning comprehensive nine-month program blends on-the-job experience with, an extensive training curriculum that covers tools, technologies, processes and soft skills required to be successful in Schwab Technology Services. This is a full time opportunity as a Schwab employee.
What you will get out of the program:
- Professional Growth - Technical and soft skills curriculum designed to accelerate your career.
- Hands-on Experience - Cross-functional experience and skills gained from on-the-job assignments.
- Knowledge Sharing - Opportunity to share and present ideas around innovation.
- Presentation Opportunities - Strengthen existing presentation and communication skills.
- Individual Coaching - One-on-one coaching and real-time development from host team.
- Exposure to Leadership - Experiences with leaders across Schwab Technology Services.
- Peer-to-peer interaction - Share ideas and experiences and as you grow alongside a cohort of peers.
What you're good at
Do you enjoy leading edge technologies such as micro services, cloud computing, AI, and big data? Do you like the challenge of identifying and solving problems no one else has done before? Do you want to be part of a fast paced career development program with real-world leading edge products? If the phrase "think out of the box" doesn't mean anything to you because for you, there is no box. Then we want to talk to you.
We have a unique technology program for recent graduates like you to help you build your career in an innovative environment.
What you have
- Currently enrolled in undergraduate or graduate degree program graduating within the next year
- Experience with algorithm design
- Basic understanding of object-oriented analysis and design
- Experience with data structures
- Java or C# development
- Familiarity with RESTful web services and Cloud APIs is a plus
- Database modeling is a plus
- UX, Web development or mobile development is a plus
- Inventiveness and eagerness to work with experimental technology is a must!
- Demonstrated Leadership Potential
- Passion and aptitude for solving problems utilizing Innovation and Experimentation
Back to top