Application Performance Management and Availability Engineer
- Westlake, TX
Your Opportunity Ideal candidate is passionate about performance and proactive monitoring of multi-tier applications and end user experience. Promote usage of Web/Mobile synthetic and APM (Application Performance Monitoring) tools during the application development life-cycle phase. This candidate is a confident self-starter who's not afraid to dive into areas they may not be familiar with, and communicates well. Lastly, they must be able to work with team members across disparate geographic locations.
What you are good at
- Develop deep technical expertise on products and the application stacks and use those skills to address performance related issues as required
- Build Highly-Available and Scalable infrastructure with appropriate monitoring and alerting mechanisms in place.
- Engineer solutions and establish standards for infrastructure, agent deployments, including optimizations and tunings per requirements.
- On-board applications to the platforms, train users on best practices to proactively monitor performance in their environment as well as use the product to identify performance bottlenecks as needed
- Integration with enterprise monitoring tools for alerting/analytics.
- Adopt for usage in Cloud IaaS and PaaS models
- Provide guidance for application/operational teams to setup policies, alerts, dashboards, and custom configuration to get full visibility into their entire environment
- Work closely with product owner and team members to decompose stories, design features, and prioritize tasks
- Identify technology gaps/risks early and establish mitigation plans
- Design, document, and implement process improvements through manual or automation.
What you have
- 10+ years of overall IT experience in application development/system administration, 5+ years focused on APM tools
- Deep knowledge of Web Synthetics solutions from companies such as ThousandEyes and Dynatrace.
- Deep knowledge of APM products such as AppDynamics, Dynatrace, Instanna, New Relic or similar in Unix environments required
- Proven proficiency with Monitoring of large scale JEE Applications (WebLogic, JBoss, Tomcat) .Net .Net-core and database applications
- Working with a wide variety of platforms and application stacks, ability to understand new application framework environments quickly
- Solid systems administration understanding (Unix, Linux, Windows)
- Solid understanding of configuration management processes using SALT, GIT, etc.
- Experience in one of the scripting languages (Python, Powershell, PHP, Perl)
- Experience troubleshooting Operating Systems and Applications
- Experience in an Agile/DevOps environement
- Experience with data sorage and data backup technologies
- Experience in Cloud Foundry or GCP preferred
- Experience in Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment methodologies
- Strong influencing, negotiation, and provlem-solving skills with an ability to identify problems/gaps, assess the requirements to address, and get buy-in to implement solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required for composing and delivering technical presentations or other forms of documentation to various level of technical and non-technical management
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related fields is required
- Financial Industry experience is a plus
Back to top