- Westlake, TX
Your Opportunity The Portfolio Technology Accounting team is looking for a talented technologist to be the lead architect for our Portfolio Accounting Digital Utilities. The team is in the process of building ultra-low latency, high volume and reliable next generation trading platform. When it is completed, the application should support processing several billions of inquiry transactions during market hours. This is an exciting opportunity to join a highly visible team that delivers innovative business solutions leveraging emerging technologies at Schwab.
What you're good at
You will be joining us as a Technical Director (Senior Technical Architect) focused on providing architectural guidance across multiple projects/teams. We are looking for a curious person with excellent technical skills, leadership and communication to guide the team through technology challenges while driving towards target architecture.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as an architect in building complex, highly scalable and low latency systems
- Work closely with Enterprise Architects, Functional Solution Architects and with business teams to design technology solutions to meet client needs.
- Understanding complex problems easily and come up with simple solutions
- Lead technical requirement gathering sessions, producing technical requirements and design documents.
- Manage the technical delivery of cloud and IaaS integrations and application customizations.
- Publishing and presenting the architecture to technology leaders and business executives.
- Provide hands on expert level assistance to developers for technical issues.
- Suggests alternative technical solutions to meet client requirements efficiently, and/or with greater reusability, and / or longer life.
- Promotes and coordinates technical knowledge harvesting within the organization.
- Defines, communicates and enforces design/coding standards.
- Identifies reusable code required for our code library and ensures the high quality creation of the code.
- Tracks and identifies new technologies to solve the business problems.
What you have
- 10+ years of solid development experience in distributed platform
- Experience with C# and/or Java in a Linux/Windows data center environment
- Experience owning and operating multiple instances of a mission critical service
- Experience with Agile development methodology and Test-Driven Development
- Experience using telemetry and metrics to drive operational excellence
- Experience growing high performing engineering teams
- Good judgment and the ability to handle stressful situations.
- Broad knowledge of software engineering: languages, frameworks, techniques and industry trends
- Experience as a technical leader in an organization. This includes coaching and mentoring, working through complex problems, and working with our business partners to deliver an amazing experience for our clients. You have qualities that engineers recognize and respect.
- Knowledge of nosql databases (Aerospike, MongoDB are preferred).
- Broad knowledge of the software engineering and architecture space: languages, frameworks, techniques, and industry trends.
Back to top