Advisor Technology Consultant, Schwab Advisor Services
- Phoenix, AZ
Your Opportunity You will be a part of Schwab Advisor Services' Business Consulting Services (BCS) team. The BCS team creates and delivers high-quality, industry-leading consulting and education programs that help advisors establish and better manage their businesses, in addition to helping them plan and prepare for the future. The key to the team's success lies in its ability to create highly relevant and scalable programs that turn practice management insights into actionable plans that are implemented with existing advisors and advisors looking to transition to independence. These programs are delivered by a nationwide team of experienced consultants who work closely with advisors and the broader Schwab team to deliver a high-touch consulting experience that further differentiates our offering. With over 25 years of experience, we know there is no one-size-fits-all approach for serving independent financial advisors. Their needs are unique, and we offer individual guidance, support, and tools for advisors at every stage of their journey, from start-up through well-established firms.
Hundreds of large financial advisors from the wirehouse, independent broker dealer, and other channels decide to make the transition to independence by becoming an RIA and starting their own firms. While the move may be positively ambitious, it comes with a major challenge that these advisors have never experienced: starting and managing their own business. Your role is to help navigate prospective advisors through the intricacies of this difficult transition and ensure that their firm is launched with a solid foundation that will enable it to succeed long into the future.
What you're good at
Reporting to the Managing Director, Technology Engineering, the Technology Engineer role will act as the primary technical resource for the Advisor Services' Business Development team and their prospective clients. The Tech Engineers are a key component of the Schwab Advisor Services sales team, taking the lead in helping advisors evaluate a transition to the RIA model while understanding the technology landscape available to independent advisors. They are responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process while serving as an advocate for the Schwab platform and integrations. The Tech Engineers are able to translate an advisor's desired client experience and budget into a tech stack that will fulfill those requirements or goals. The ability to articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users is critical. Successful team members are able to identify all technical issues of assigned firms to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process. Engineers must be able to establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle.
The team's primary responsibilities include:
- Act as the technology/platform subject matter expert for the Business Development organization.
- Work closely with the Business Development team to assist in the sales process by positioning the Schwab platform and other technology solutions.
- Ability to respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs.
- Present objective, thoughtful findings and recommendations to clients in the sales funnel.
- Help new clients to envision and plan for a technology and process infrastructure that not only leads to a successful transition of their business, but a solid platform for long term growth.
What you have
- Quickly establish a strong working relationship with the prospects where they respect your expertise, listen to your ideas and trust that you are looking out for their best interests.
- Build strong relationships with your Schwab virtual team as collaboration and internal partnerships are critical to your success.
- Conduct thorough discovery and listen well so you can help the prospect model a business that meets their needs, goals and dreams, while also balancing Schwab's strategic interests and goals.
- Have a strong understanding of the RIA technology landscape, how systems complement and interact together, including custodial platforms.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to translate complex technical and strategic visions into specific and actionable work plans.
- Strong presentation and written skills, formal experience responding to RFP's is a plus.
- Be well organized and successfully lead multiple projects at once, knowing the next steps you need to take with each prospect, even though they may be at different stages in their development.
- Be a positive instigator and make things happen, especially when it is easy to stall or delay.
- Be a major reason why prospects decide to work with Schwab.
- Financial Services Technology experience, 5+ years preferred.
- Have an Bachelor's degree and a clear understanding of business fundamentals and operations.
- Up to 25% travel as needed
Back to top