Advisor Services Managed Accounts, Specialist
- Westlake, TX
Are you looking to enhance your career with a rewarding position that not only allows for personal and professional growth, but also touches a wide variety of products that Schwab offers? Want to build your financial services career with a diverse team in a fast-paced environment? Managed and Advised Account Operations may be the place for you!
The Managed and Advised Account Operations (MAAO) team performs a variety of functions touching both sides of Schwab's business, Advisor Services and Investor Services. We also service Registered Investment Advisors, third party and propriety Money Managers all over the country that are enrolled in Schwab's Managed Account products and the Schwab Private Client offer. MAAO partners with a number of internal business partners, all sharing a common goal of serving our clients with the highest level of satisfaction.
In MAAO, you will also receive an extensive training program to prepare you for success in your new role. In addition, we realize that hard work deserves reward and we promote a culture of employee recognition as well as advancement and growth opportunities.
We are currently seeking candidates for our Westlake Managed Account Advisor Services and Managed Account Hybrid Team. Hired candidates will be placed on either team based on qualifications.
What you are good at
In this role, you will be asked to switch gears throughout the day to assist with meeting critical cut-off times, high volume spikes, and a variety of project opportunities to strengthen the business. Flexibility, attention to detail, and a strong understanding of risk factors are key aspects of this role and the ideal candidate. Additionally, the ideal candidate will need to be equally comfortable with direct client interaction as they receive and make inbound/outbound client service calls, and network internally to research and resolve client operational issues. Functions can vary but key Specialist and Senior Specialist responsibilities include:
- Enrolling and un-enrolling retail accounts into the different advised and managed products
- Processing of various account updates including money movements, Power of Attorney changes and other miscellaneous operations requests for managed accounts
- Providing exceptional client service while acting as an information resource and liaison between internal and external clients, business partners and Money Managers
- Building and sustaining strong relationships with key Schwab business partners
- Managing workload to meet same day service level standard while focusing on accuracy
- Evaluating different security types and how they trade (Equity Based Securities, Mutual Funds, & Fixed Income Products). This includes the ability to interpret trading instructions and act on them both appropriately and in a timely manner
- Manage multiple tasks effectively by balancing high productivity with excellent service quality
The ideal candidate will possess demonstrated brokerage, back office, or operational experience, coupled with customer service skills and experience. Cross-functional operational knowledge or experience in account opening, processing, or managed accounts is strongly desired. A working knowledge of the Schwab Private Client and Managed Account business at Schwab and the Schwab systems are a plus. Effective problem resolution and relationship management skills and a strong sense of teamwork.
- Operation processing experience
- Superior attention to detail and highly accurate; strong sense of risk awareness
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills along with the ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple complex processes/projects
- Effective problem resolution and relationship management skills and a strong sense of teamwork
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Series 7 & 63 licenses preferred
Back to top