Senior Support Specialist
As Senior Support Specialist you'll support our amazing staff and be responsible for maintenance of our many internal systems. You'll be the go to for operations level incidents and work closely with our remote and local staff. You'll also be working on strategic projects both independently and in coordination with the Head of IT.
Health is Wealth
Dental & Vision
Flexible Spending Account
Employer-paid Life Insurance
Employer-paid Short and Long- term Disability
Retire in Style
401K and Employer Match
Work hard, Play hard
Unlimited Vacation Policy
(Just get your work done!)
Ride the Train
Unlimited Monthly Metrocard
- You'll triage the support desk queue and be the first responder in coordination with the rest of the team.
- You'll be a super user and help maintain our internal network.
- You'll support the roll-out of new and upgraded applications and systems.
- You'll assist with IT administration where applicable.
- You'll assist in equipment procurement via our vendor partnerships.
- You'll develop staff training sessions.
- You'll be responsible for IT on-boarding and off-boarding processes.
- You'll own the procedural documentation of our Help Desk Knowledgebase and Reference Guide.
- You'll manage our internal equipment checkout.
- 3-5 years of IT experience.
- Advanced troubleshooting and repair of macOS, Windows 10, Android, iOS operating systems. Requires heavy exposure to macOS, as we are a Mac organization with only a few Windows machines.
- Expert knowledge of JAMF Pro / Casper Suite Enterprise Management.
- Okta or other IdP/SSO services.
- GSuite Administration knowledge.
- SaaS management.
- Windows Server imaging and patching.
- Strong sense of Networking: LAN, WAP, WAN.
- Practical knowledge of OpenVPN.
- Hardware/software troubleshooting of MDF equipment including Firewall, Wireless controller, routing and switching.
- Management of enterprise grade A/V.
- Interest in the charitable giving sector.
You have a great "desk side" manner.
You find ways to keep the situation relaxed whether fixing a critical or non-essential problem.
You're a geek
You seek out the latest and greatest technology and geek out on analyzing and advocating it's usefulness to the mission.
You're a problem solver
You find a solution even if it's your first encounter with a particular task.
You ask questions
You are humble enough to admit when you don't know and open for suggestions from your teammates.
You have a first one in, last one out mentality
As part of the Operations team we ensure the office is ready for open of business daily and are here to support the organization up to the last meeting of the day.
You are passionate about your role
You want to help us use technology to solve the world water crisis.
This opportunity is for those located in (or willing to re-locate to) the NYC area only.
Meet Some of charity: water's Employees
Supporter Experience Manager
Kaitlyn provides customer service and assistance to charity: water’s donors, supporters, and fundraisers. She makes sure all requests are met and all campaigns are kept running smoothly.
Back to top