Senior Graphic Designer
As a Senior Graphic Designer, you’ll hop on board with our small but fast-moving Creative Team to keep our brand bold, inspirational, and consistent. You’ll develop brand concepts from ideation through execution and channel all the artistic energy you can muster into designing, brainstorming and assembling print and digital materials. You’ll play a leadership role in guiding the team throughout the design process and ensuring excellence within our work. You’ll work with the team to create innovative content that promotes the charity: water mission and helps bring clean water to people in need.
Health is Wealth
Dental & Vision
Flexible Spending Account
Employer-paid Life Insurance
Employer-paid Short and Long- term Disability
Retire in Style
401K and Employer Match
Work hard, Play hard
Unlimited Vacation Policy
(Just get your work done!)
Ride the Train
Unlimited Monthly Metrocard
- Foster and strengthen the charity: water brand across all digital and physical platforms.
- Work hand in hand with our Brand Content Lead to develop new and innovative brand concepts for major campaigns and initiatives.
- Develop materials to inspire and engage everyone from donors to guests in our office to employees and volunteers.
- Create compelling design concepts for our print materials, website and blog.
- Challenge conventional thought with new design and ideas on how to illustrate the water crisis and charity: water’s mission.
- Support the internal and external design needs of the other departments within the organization.
- You are deeply empathetic and drawn to charity: water’s mission of bringing clean water to people in need.
- You care deeply about the details, but you know when to choose progress over perfection.
- You love design. You have a strong, focused sense of visual style and taste, and you have strong opinions regarding both.
- You have a clearly articulated creative vision, meanwhile you remain open to opportunities.
- You are energized by helping your team do their best work. You’re not biased towards your own ideas, but instead you’re deeply invested in people’s success and enjoy watching their ideas come to life.
- A strong portfolio displaying a wide variety of work.
- Expert knowledge and understanding of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and Indesign (Working knowledge of Sketch encouraged with basic understanding of Adobe After Effects and Apple iWorks a plus).
- 5 years of experience designing.
- Experience managing people.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs.
You breathe brand and design
You understand how powerful good design can be, and you know how to visually and emotionally build, maintain, and evolve a cohesive brand.
You’re a multitasking machine
You organize your work so you can handle a wide range of small projects at the same time without overlooking anything.
You work as well with your hands as you do with your head
You can cut, paste, bind, score, fold, trim and tape. You’re precise and articulate, whether you’re creating mock ups to show around the office or final products to give our high-level donors.
You’re an excellent communicator and take criticism well
You embrace constructive criticism and feedback as part of the design process, and you can clearly articulate your design decisions.
You balance the tension between shipping fast and excellence
You have a bias towards shipping, but balance it with a desire to ship excellent products, and know when to choose one over the other.
This opportunity is for those located in (or willing to re-locate to) the NYC area only.
Back to top