Senior Demand Generation Manager
As the Senior Demand Generation Manager for charity: water, you’ll be responsible for driving online user growth to spread the word about the water crisis and grow the number of donors to our organization. You will build and implement an end-to-end demand generation strategies from the ground up, and identify new opportunities for online growth. The ideal person to lead this function is hands on, analytical and results-driven. This position will join a lean marketing team and report to the COO.
- You’ll develop and execute a multi-faceted online user acquisition strategy for SEO and SEM.
- You’ll work with our audience insights and email marketing functions to improving existing organic traffic and identifying new traffic opportunities.
- You’ll work with finance and product to define and report on key metrics around acquisition, activation, conversion, engagement, and lifetime value of consumers.
- You’ll create on-brand campaign assets.
- You’ll develop strategies to better leverage social channels to drive growth.
- You’ll oversee overall search strategy through organic and paid (donated) channels.
- You’ll work with product to define features and optimizations that will drive user growth and conversions (e.g. landing pages).
- You’ll leverage analytics to measure effectiveness and reach of campaigns and report to internal teams.
- You’ll develop A/B tests to understand user behavior and iterate on the results to increase engagement.
- You’ll have a high level of reporting sophistication to show conversion, most effective campaigns, and areas for improvement. You’ll be able to draw conclusions and give recommendations on appropriate strategy based on the data collected.
- 5+ years of experience in digital marketing with 3+ in demand generation leadership
- Proven track record in building, executing, and delivering high impact, ROI-driven lead generation programs
- Experience forecasting demand and managing a budget per channel on a monthly basis
- Strong understanding of SEO and hands-on experience with paid search
- Deep understanding of the digital media space (owned, earned and paid)
- Strong knowledge of audience research and how it translated into strategies and tactics
- Experience with A/B testing and customer segmentation strategies
- Experience working in a startup or similar environment
- Experience working in or extremely closely with product and revenue teams
- Ability to execute independently, yet collaboratively
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to build relationships to secure donated media and pro-bono services
- You’re hungry and thrifty.
- You like learning new things and using new tools and services that can help charity: water grow its online audience quarter over quarter. You’re thrifty and innovative, you can make something out of nothing and you’re not afraid of a challenge. As a non-profit, we have a very limited budget for paid marketing, you’ll need to be creative and look for opportunities to create high-impact campaigns with limited or donated resources.
- You're agile and pragmatic.
- You like getting things done, are disciplined about time management, and consider yourself a remover of obstacles. You’re results-driven.
- You can find the root cause of problems.
- You enjoy not just addressing the immediate issue, but tracking down and resolving the underlying source of the problem.
- You're self-motivated.
- You see something that can be improved, and you don't wait for permission to fix it. You have a strong desire to make charitywater.org a world-class fundraising experience.
- You hold your weight on a small team that handles a lot.
- We're a small and efficient staff; because of our size, every person plays an essential role in the organization.
- You communicate well.
- You can articulate issues to team members and clearly convey how your solutions will work to address the issues we face.
- You have a team ethos.
- You thrive in a creative, inventive, fast-paced startup environment, with people who are passionate about their work and mission. You’re excited to work cross-functionally with other departments.
This opportunity is for those located in (or willing to re-locate to) the NYC area only.
Back to top